Very Important - A Fellow Cc'er Needs Our Positive Thoughts

Lounge By TracyLH Updated 23 Jan 2009 , 7:17pm by SweetDreamsAT

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 8:55pm
post #181 of 196

Joanne, I just love that your hair will be going to locks of love. What a kind and selfless gesture straight from your heart. That is beautiful. And with all that lovely hair, some little girl is going to be so very happy! And, I know everyone has already told you this, and that you know it too, but, it's just hair. That's easy to say when you're not the one going through it, but, it will grow back. Some people's hair even grows back nicer! That's something to look forward to! Warmest wishes for you, and I am praying for even more strength for you, to carry you through those darker times. There will be some, but you'll handle it!

kneadacookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneadacookie Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 3:32am
post #182 of 196

Joann, as if your strength wan't inspiration enough. to read that you want to donate your hair before it falls out. oh my gosh. all i could do was cry. to think of someone else at a time like this....you are a pillar of strength. i think and pray for you every day.
a lady i work with at the bakery finished up her chemo before thanksgiving. she said her hair grew back twice as thick and very curly!
we'll have to have a cookie party once you get your strength back!!
dawn

snowboarder Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowboarder Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 6:01am
post #183 of 196

Joanne- I am thinking about you and sending some strength your way.

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 2:14pm
post #184 of 196

Joanne, wow locks of love... I have done that twice in my life, so we have something in common. When I was preggers with DD I donated 19 inches (I kept it long in the Navy so it was easier to manage). When I was pregant with DS I donated 12 inches. It hasn't grown so much since he was born nearly 2 years ago, but I will tell you that both of my babies were born with full heads of hair. DD's has been down to her backside 3 times already and she is just about 6.... I think God has a way of paying selfless acts of kindness forward. I wanted to tell you that a friend of mine with BC lost her straight hair during chemo and when it came back it was so curly... she had no idea what to do with it icon_smile.gif She straightens it now... hehehehehehehehe!

I am still keeping my prayer chain going for you, and I will be more than happy to do whatever I can to help out. If your daughter needs help with the blog, I would be happy to help out icon_smile.gif Keep your chin up my friend, the sun is always shining somewhere! God will continue to carry you in his arms!!

kjt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjt Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 2:57pm
post #185 of 196

Joanne, although we've never "really" met, I just want you to know two things...you are a true inspiration, and your CC family is pulling for you, girl! You will continue to be in my prayers. icon_smile.gif
Warm regards,
Kathy

Joanne914 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joanne914 Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 4:06pm
post #186 of 196

Hi gang!
Well, I had my haircut last night, the BLOG is ready (well, as ready as it ever will be!), and tomorrow the chemo begins. I thought I'd post the blog address for anyone that's interested, so here it is:
http://breastblogever.blogspot.com/
From the bottom of my heart, thank you for all the prayers and positive thoughts that you are sending my way...I look forward to reading each and every one of them, and they mean the world to me. I'm heading out now to "mail my hair!"
xoxo
Joanne

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 4:13pm
post #187 of 196

Oh Joanne, I hate to say it, but you look like you took ten years off when you cut your hair! You look fantastic!!!

Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 6:03pm
post #188 of 196

I love the hair cut. You look great!

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 6:46pm
post #189 of 196

I love the new hair cut...it looks so good on you!

yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 7:30pm
post #190 of 196

Joanne,
You look great!!! Someone is going to be really happy with your generous gift!
Jodie icon_biggrin.gif

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 11:46pm
post #191 of 196

loving the blog and the new do... I have linked to the blog as a follower. Good luck tomorrow, know your are in the thoughts and prayers of so very many!!!! Hugs from Alabama!

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 12:45am
post #192 of 196

Joanne, Love the new hair style ! You look fantastic!!!
Im linked to the blog as a follower, Love the blanket !
Will be thinking and praying for you tomorow!

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 3:47am
post #193 of 196

Joanne, will have you and your loved one's, in my thoughts and prayers. I LOVE!!! your hair cut, I think it really suits you... and it looks great. I do agree with Mel about the 10 yrs.

Your giving of your hair is a gift, that will make someone very happy, and will not go unnotice by God and many others. Tomorrow at 11:00 I am going to light a candle in your name and say a prayer for you, so you will know my thoughts are with you at that time.

I will be going away for a few weeks to help out my DS and grandbabies, he doesn't have a pc...but I will keep up my prayers for you.

God Bless You & Yours,
Sharon

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 3:10pm
post #194 of 196

Joanne - the haircut is so, so cute! I completely agree about the 10 years and it looks so cute short! Your hair will indeed grow back and the added benefit beyond your kindness of donating your hair to Locks of Love is that you already have a known fact - you do indeed look really cute with short hair!

I will be thinking of you today as you start your chemo and I will keep watching the blog!

Best wishes,
Tracy

riSHEL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
riSHEL Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 6:17pm
post #195 of 196

I too am linked to your blog as a follower (doodlebaker). Your donation to Locks of Love was a wonderful thing. My daughter and I both did that years ago and it felt so good. I continue to hold you close in my thoughts and will follow your journey on your blog. Good luck today. xo

SweetDreamsAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetDreamsAT Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 7:17pm
post #196 of 196

Thanks for the link to your blog Joanne - I will be following along, and you will be in my thoughts. LOVE the sassy new do!
hugs.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%