Very Important - A Fellow Cc'er Needs Our Positive Thoughts

Lounge By TracyLH Updated 23 Jan 2009 , 7:17pm by SweetDreamsAT

yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 4:47pm
post #121 of 196

Such good news!!! I know you are going to be just fine-you have such a positive attitude!! icon_biggrin.gif

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 5:13pm
post #122 of 196

Great news, indeed! A PET scan is a valuable tool in the arsenal. I spoke of my mom in an earlier posting and, today, she happens to finish her sixty days of radiation! As someone else mentioned, it is a long road, but one that will be well lighted for you. Prayerfully, no bumps in that road ahead!

God's richest blessings upon you and your family, Joanne.

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 6:11pm
post #123 of 196

Such good news!!! Keep your positive attitude, and We will be praying for you.

riSHEL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
riSHEL Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 6:19pm
post #124 of 196

That's WONDERFUL news! Tonight when my husband asks his daily question when he gets home, "What's the news on your CC sister?", I'll be able to answer with a smile on my face icon_biggrin.gif .

You continue to be in our daily thoughts and prayers. That warm feeling you'll be feeling on the 19th... that'll be all our support coming from all over the map, to you and your family.

Thank you SO MUCH for the update!

You will PERSEVERE!

SweetDreamsAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetDreamsAT Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 7:17pm
post #125 of 196

Gosh, every time I come to this thread and read the responses, I get all teary eyed. Right now they're tears of happiness for the good news on the PET scan! I think of you each and every day Joanne, and will continue to do so until you are through this! I've even found myself designing a special cookie for you in my head while I'm busy doing other things icon_smile.gif So far, its not anything I think I could actually DO! But just know that its full of love and hugs from all of us here at CC!
Thank you so much for keeping in touch and keeping us all updated.
Your friend,
CeRae

Joanne914 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joanne914 Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 8:05pm
post #126 of 196

Ok...now I'M the one teary eyed! God bless all of you, who in your own extremely busy families and lives, have made room for one more...me! icon_smile.gif
I am the one truly blessed to have all of YOU! And CeRae...have you ever made a bald headed cookie??? That would be one for the gallery! lol

Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 8:22pm
post #127 of 196

Joanne....the pet scan results are great news!!!! As others have said....many prays will follow you through this journey.

MaisieBake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaisieBake Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 8:48pm
post #128 of 196

What great news!

snowboarder Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowboarder Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 8:52pm
post #129 of 196

Oh that's fantastic to hear!

mandifrye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandifrye Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 12:43am
post #130 of 196

My mother is a breast cancer survivor, so your story really speaks to my heart. You are in the right mind set to beat this, and I pray that you will continue to get good news.

I know that the surgery and recovery will be rough (but, hey, now you can have perky boobs once again icon_lol.gif ). I am hoping that you will smile at that!!!!

You and your family are in my prayers. May God bless you with the strength to overcome this hurdle and get back to baking.

mandifrye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandifrye Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 12:46am
post #131 of 196

Double post

angelatx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelatx Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 12:56am
post #132 of 196

i am so thrilled to hear the great news, will be thinking of you on surgery day. everything will go ok and you will be on the road to recovery soon. happy loving thoughts headed your way!!! **huggie**

Angela icon_biggrin.gif

Pebbles13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pebbles13 Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 12:56am
post #133 of 196

Joanne,
I am so impressed by your positive attitude and sense of humor. I can sense your determination and strength, which will pull you through this trying time. Thank you for sharing your courage with all of us. I wish you and your family the best.
Be well,
Tricia

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 6:53pm
post #134 of 196

That is great news that your PET was clear. I am truly in awe of your courage and positive attitude, both of which will help you in this fight. I continue to keep you in my prayers, especially on the 19th.

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 9:08pm
post #135 of 196

WONDERFUL WONDERFUL NEWS!!!! to hear, and I along with so many others will keep on "keeping you in our thoughts and prayers! You keep hanging in, hanging on and hanging out with us here at CC were all here for you!

Keep up your positive attitude, your courage and your beautiful sense of humor thumbs_up.gif

Sorry I haven't replay sooner, but I haven't been getting any info on up-dates for this thread.

God Bless,
Sharon

Peeverly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peeverly Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 8:11pm
post #136 of 196

Joanne, I just read your post regarding your pet scan. I am soooo happy for you! I have been following your story and I am so inspired by your postive attitude and strength. You go girl!!! I'm thinking of you and sending positive thoughts your way. Love, Susan

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 6:58pm
post #137 of 196

it has been a few days since I posted last, so I had to check back... I was so happy to see a clean PET scan. I again want you to know that you have been and will continue to be in my prayers. The Lord has gotten you so far, he won't let go now... so hold on my dear Joanne... he will see you through. I will check back next week or so to check on your surgery. God Bless you Joanne!

Joanne914 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joanne914 Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 7:16pm
post #138 of 196

I thought I"d "check in" before my surgery to let everyone know how much your thoughts and prayers are helping me! Every time I read one of your responses it puts me into a "happy place!" icon_biggrin.gif Since this is my last weekend before becoming "tied down" for quite some time, I decided to have a last fling! lol My sister is flying in for my surgery from Dallas, and my two oldest daughters (21 and 23) live in Chicago. So tomorrow I'm headed to Chi Town for some much needed girl fun! (It's a 4 hour drive from Detroit) My sis will fly to Chicago on Friday, and my youngest daughter, who goes to school in Indianapolis (Butler Univ) will take the bus up to Chicago. The five of us are planning to eat A LOT, laugh a LOT, and just have some much needed fun. My middle daughter and sister are even having t shirts made to commemorate our "weekend!" They will say:
the BREAST weekend ever! Chicago Jan. 2009
What a hoot! I said, "Just make sure my shirt is big enough to wear over all my bandages and tubes! icon_biggrin.gif
Too bad 'ol Mother Nature has decided that this week will have record low temps in Chicago and Detroit! Oh well. we'll be having too much fun to notice the weather! We know how to bundle up in the mid west!

As soon as I'm able to, I will post again after my surgery on Monday.
I will keep each and every one of you in MY thoughts, you are all very dear to me.

Love,
Joanne

riSHEL Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 7:56pm
post #139 of 196

Your family ROCKS! Wish I could send this awesome California weather your way... but you were right about you girls having so much fun, you won't even notice the cold. My daughter is coming home this weekend and we'll be sure to toast you as you are enjoying the Breast Weekend Ever!

icon_lol.gif

Hugs,

Shel

fiddlesticks Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 8:55pm
post #140 of 196

Joanne914... Thats Hilarous! Have a great time with your family and I wish you a very fast recovery so you can get out for your 2nd breast weekend ever !
Lots of prayers and hugs comming your way!

Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 9:39pm
post #141 of 196

Don't forget your camera. You will enjoy pictures from your weekend for a long, long time. I pray you have an amazing time with your girls and sister! Travel safe.

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 9:41pm
post #142 of 196

Your weekend sounds so fantastic! I am so happy that you can all get together!

have a BLAST on your BREAST weekend ever!

I will continue to pray for you and your family and I hope things go well on Monday!

Tita9499 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tita9499 Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 11:00pm
post #143 of 196

This is the BREAST news ever. Party hard on the BREAST weekend you'll ever had. Our prayers are still with you!

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 12:58am
post #144 of 196

joanne, do have an outstanding time... it will be awesome.. be safe in your travels and your "not normal" surroundings, enjoy your family too. This is your time, Shine Shine Shine... we are rooting for you.

MystiqueFire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MystiqueFire Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 3:01am
post #145 of 196

She is in my prayers! Thank you for sharing this, just remind her cancer CAN be beat!

Jasmine

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 4:06am
post #146 of 196

Joanne, Just wanted to check in and see what was newest in the updates, and wanted you to know how much you have been on my mind. I've kept your surgery date at the top of my prayer list. My entire family gathered at my home the weekend before my mom's surgery in late July. It was a happy time, and sent her into the period of the "unknown" with great memories and something upon which to focus other than the "Big C." As a daughter of the mom with breast cancer, I know your girls will treasure your weekend together.

God Speed --and we'll see you on the recovery side. January 19 will be the first day of the rest of your life!

-Wendy

classiccake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
classiccake Posted 18 Jan 2009 , 3:43am
post #147 of 196

Joanne,

Thinking about you and praying for you on your surgery day.

Ilene

riSHEL Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 10:15pm
post #148 of 196

You're in my thoughts today Joanne. That feeling of peace you'll feel today, is all us CC Sisters banding together and praying for you... okay, okay....it's the morphine aaaaand us icon_smile.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 10:21pm
post #149 of 196

Joanne, Thinking of you today ! Hang in there, you will be back with us in no time !

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 11:01pm
post #150 of 196

UPDATE - SETBACK FOR JOANNE:

Joanne just sent me an e-mail and asked that I pass on her latest news for her. She went under for surgery today and came to with her left breast intact. As it turns out, the cancer is aggresive and has spread to her skin. Four weeks ago a skin biopsy was free. They need to stop the cancer from spreading right now and she is starting chemo immediately as they cannot wait the three weeks for her to recover from the surgery. She is getting her port tomorrow (her "gas cap" as she calls it in true Joanne style) for the needle to go in each time and starts chemo on Wed. She asked that I post this for her as she just doesn't feel up for it right now.

Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers and if you have any messages for her, please post them here. She will see them and they mean a lot to her.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%