Tummy Cake For Baby Shower-Help Please!!!

Decorating By Niquie Updated 29 Dec 2008 , 1:34am by Niquie

Niquie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Niquie Posted 28 Dec 2008 , 9:58pm
post #1 of 4

Hi All,
Me again!!! I have a question for those of you who have ever made a dome shape by baking in a metal bowl instead of the cake pan. How did you do it??? LOL!!! I have a baby shower coming Jan. 10, and I would love to make the Tummy Cake for it, but I don't have a dome shaped or a wonder mold pan and I thought I saw some of you mention making the shape in a metal bowl. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, and definitely tried. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Ashley

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 12:32am
post #2 of 4

Just be sure you shaped bowl has no handles, or anything, that cannot be put in the oven.
Then treat it as if it were a cake pan. Coat it (spray or however you normally do) then add batter. If it is very deep, you might want to use a flower nail on the bottom to help the heat to spread thru the cake better.
Just think of it as a cake panicon_smile.gif

kaseynh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaseynh Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 12:47am
post #3 of 4

In addition to what kakeladi said, I turned the pan over that I was using as the base and tried different size metal bowls on it to see what size looked the best. If I hadn't done it that way, I would have made the belly too big.

Here is the link for the one I made. http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1267656

I had a lot of fun making it and just had to keep rubbing the belly! The person I made it for hasn't given birth yet, she is about a week overdue and a little cranky! icon_sad.gif

HTH
Karen

Niquie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Niquie Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 1:34am
post #4 of 4

Thanks for the advice. I will try those ideas. And to kaseynh, I loved your cake, added it to my favorites. Thanks again!!!

Ashley

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%