Wedding Cake With Hearts

Decorating By SugarBakerz Updated 14 Jan 2007 , 1:13am by SweetAsLemmons

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 13 Jan 2007 , 6:20pm
post #1 of 4

Ok... I have a bride to be (actually a wedding 2 years after the JOP wedding) who is wanting 3 cakes not stacked, you know separated. She had seen a picture somewhere of a cake that had 2 interlocking hearts decorated around the sides of it (all white cake and icing). She said the hearts looked like you drew them out and didn't fill them in. Then she wants to use her bouquet flowers on each layer.... so fake flowers. So I guess my question is, how would you go about doing the hearts? Would use BC and draw them on, or would you premake them with royal and place them on? It is one of those customers who is really no help icon_sad.gif so I thought I would do a post her and get some ideas... she wanted to do the hearts outlined in red but I figured her fake flowers are red and yellow, so it would clash.. especially seeing as how we all know how crappy red can be... please give any advice or suggestions!

3 replies
DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 13 Jan 2007 , 8:28pm
post #2 of 4

I would definitely pipe the hearts on with BC. There are lots of heart shaped templates and presses available to help with the design. Or, you could make your own template using the pin-prick method. And I agree about the red icing. If there were no flowers, it would be okay, but the potential for mismatching colors is too great.

torki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
torki Posted 13 Jan 2007 , 11:38pm
post #3 of 4

maybe you could suggest to the bride on gold or silver hearts....as suggested red will be hard to match...I think it will also make the cake look too "busy"

SweetAsLemmons Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetAsLemmons Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 1:13am
post #4 of 4

I have a hearts cake in my gallery. Not exactly what you described, but well... its hearts. icon_smile.gif Some inspiration. Good luck thumbs_up.gif .

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%