Coffee Percolators

Decorating By norma20 Updated 30 Dec 2008 , 12:35am by norma20

norma20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
norma20 Posted 28 Dec 2008 , 6:56pm
post #1 of 12

I always wanted to buy a coffee percolator. Those made out of glass and stainless steel. Do they make a good coffee? Are they easy to use?

11 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 28 Dec 2008 , 7:05pm
post #2 of 12

I prefer the taste of coffee made in a percolator to that made in a drip coffee maker. The water gets hotter, and draws more of the coffee flavor out of the ground beans.

I no longer use my drip coffee maker unless the kiddos are coming over for hot chocolate.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

norma20 Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 8:37pm
post #3 of 12

Thank you Theresa, I'm going definitely buy one. thumbs_up.gif

playingwithsugar Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 9:01pm
post #4 of 12

Norma, I don't know where you are, but the best price I have found on them here in SE PA is at K-Mart.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

norma20 Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 10:09pm
post #5 of 12

I've seen many different models at Marshall's. I'll look at k-mart too. I'm in Orlando, FL.
Are percolators most used in the Middle Eastern or it's French? or none of this?
I always wanted to buy one for its beauty, didn't know if they are good. Anyway, we like our coffee strong.

norma20 Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 10:10pm
post #6 of 12

I've seen many different models at Marshall's. I'll look at k-mart too. I'm in Orlando, FL.
Are percolators most used in the Middle Eastern or it's French? or none of this?
I always wanted to buy one for its beauty, didn't know if they are good. Anyway, we like our coffee strong.

playingwithsugar Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 10:46pm
post #7 of 12

I don't know where they come from, but they are definitely not French. They use a French Press for their coffee. If you like your coffee strong, you're going to love perked coffee. Especially with a good brand of Columbian coffee. I use Chock Full O' Nuts Columbian. Yum!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

norma20 Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 12:17am
post #8 of 12

Theresa,
Thank you for clarifying this issue to me. Now I understand! icon_surprised.gif
I do have a percolator, it is a Bialetti coffee maker (love her). So, the one I would like to buy is called French press. I looked online and saw that these two coffee makers are totally different from it other.
Well, do you know if a French press give you a good coffee? That Chock Full O' Nuts Columbian must be very good!

playingwithsugar Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 12:20am
post #9 of 12

My friend Kathy owns a French Press, and she says it's the best coffee she's ever tasted. She's got an exceptional palate, so I would trust her judgement.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

norma20 Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 12:25am
post #10 of 12

Thank you so much for all your answers Theresa. I'll buy a French press and also that special gourmet coffee of yours.
Wish you a Happy New Year with much love and peace!

Norma

playingwithsugar Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 12:28am
post #11 of 12

Oh, Chock Full O' Nuts isn't a gourmet coffee, it's a staple of the New York City diet. It's pretty easy to find on the East Coast.

Now, if you want to try some gourmet coffee, get your grinder onto some Jamaican Blue beans. That's some good stuff, too!

Have fun with your new coffee toys!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

norma20 Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 12:35am
post #12 of 12

Thanks again Theresa. We'll taste both of them. If we were neighbors I could invite you for some coffee and biscotti.
Keep yourself nice and warm! icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%