Holiday Party - Cupcake Decorating

Baking By just_for_fun Updated 31 Dec 2008 , 8:52am by ElusiveMuse

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 25 Dec 2008 , 2:39am
post #1 of 3

Last night, at my mom's Hannukah party, I brought a bunch of plain cupcakes, and some chocolate frosting. We sat all the kids around a table and gave them each a cc with frosting smeared on top. They then decorated them with jelly beans, M&M's, licorice strings and winkies. They had a great time and then enjoyed their creations. The mothers loved it cause for a change, all the kids were sitting in one place.

(My 15 yo niece was too big for this, but she had a great time trying to make nice swirls on all the other cc's, which the adults enjoyed. She had never seen anyone do this before but by the time she finished, she was doing a great job. She really wants to start this baking thing. i think my sister is gonna kill me cause she has no idea how to do any of this)

2 replies
aztomcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aztomcat Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 6:52am
post #2 of 3

Great idea. I've done this a Girl Scout functions alot.

We just did an adult Christmas Cookie exchange....I made extra gingerbread boys and sugar cookie cut-outs an the little girls decorated them while the ladies played games (my 18 yr old oversaw their masterpieces)

ElusiveMuse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ElusiveMuse Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 8:52am
post #3 of 3

This is my family's tradition for sugar cookies at the holidays. I was shocked when I went to my boyfriend's this year and his younger siblings turned off their video games to decorate cookies. They absolutely loved it...even the older kids (17 years old).

When I lived in the dorms, they had cupcake decorating in the dining hall at Halloween. No one is too old to slap some gummy worms on some chocolate frosted cupcakes!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%