Cake On The Floor!

Decorating By My_Edible_Art Updated 24 Dec 2008 , 2:27pm by Curtsmin24

My_Edible_Art Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
My_Edible_Art Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 12:06pm
post #1 of 12

I felt to pass out , pull my hair, shout or roll on the floor with the cake!
Lack of sleep...
a small baby daughter...
Too much to do...
So I went deliver the cake...
Thank God was a gift, not an order. Then I walk through the car(half a mile), one hand the cake, other arm with my 9 month old super heavy baby. I made it!
I put the cake on the roof of the car, open the door, buckled the baby. Got inside the car, back up and then you know what happened!
I just cried! Some of you ladies know how I felt. So stupid and sad!
just to share!

11 replies
KeltoKel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KeltoKel Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 12:17pm
post #2 of 12

Aww...that does stink! I am so sorry to hear that. I am sending good wishes your way, hopefully something extra positive will happen for you soon.

sweet_teeth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_teeth Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 12:49pm
post #3 of 12

I'm so sorry icon_sad.gif

If it makes you feel any better.. I had a few baking disasters last night..

I went to make my rum cake for Christmas Day, as my grandmother sees it as tradition and called multiple times to insure that we would indeed have rum cake at the house. My mom put me with the duty to make it and I happily obliged..

So I started mixing the ingredients, and what do you know.. my damn Bangel cat knocks the eggs off the counter (This is SO typical of their personality). So I go to the store and get the eggs, come back.. and hmm.. THE CAKE MIX IS ON THE FLOOR AS WELL icon_mad.gif So I gain my composure, go BACK to the damn store, and forgot to get the extra pudding to put in the mix. I decided it's not that important and begin remaking the cake. I go to pour it in the bundt pan, and what do you know.. my Baking Pam ( I LOVE this stuff..) runs out. I decide regular Pam would do just fine.. so I use that and put it in the oven.

I went to take it out.. and what do you know.. the side w/ baking pam comes out perfectly, and the side with regular Pam stuck completely to the side of the pan... resulting in half a cake on the counter, and the other half in the pan.

So long story short, we now have rum cake 'crumble!'. Haha. I ended up putting it in a mixing bowl, mixing the glaze in, and letting it be. My grandmother will just have to eat it out of a bowl with a spoon!

[/code]

justducky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justducky Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 12:55pm
post #4 of 12

Oh, that stinks! I'm sorry that happened to you.

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 1:00pm
post #5 of 12

Okay........ all the bad stuff is out of the way, and it''s on to a MERRY CHRISTMAS without any disasters !

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 1:13pm
post #6 of 12

ONE of these days you both will be able to look back on this and laugh. May be a little while but it will happen. Bless your hearts....

dmich Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dmich Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 1:44pm
post #7 of 12

Oh, I'm so sorry. I had a good cringe as I read your story. Well, the bad luck is out of the way. Enjoy your holiday season!

linda2530 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linda2530 Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 1:51pm
post #8 of 12

Here's mine...I have been baking the same Pound Cake for 23 years (it would not be Christmas at our house without the cake and coffee for waking up) had my very good & chatty friend over and decided to change the liquid in the cake ever so slightly. Cake in the oven, house smelling good, much later cake looked done, tested done, so I thought, turned out beautiful on the antique cake plate I picked out....10 minutes later it looked like a bowl with a very large, deep rim. icon_eek.gif
So we waited a little while as the cake got lower and decided to cut it and it was not DONE, tasted great looked awful. Friend took the sunken disaster home and I will start over tonight. HO-HO-HO. Hope everyone, everywhere has the most blessed and wonderful CHRISTmas and remember the reason for the season.

liapsim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liapsim Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 2:04pm
post #9 of 12

Awww, that sucks! Hope it gets better!

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 2:06pm
post #10 of 12

Well, I'm in charge of the jam cake every year. This year I was talking on the phone while trying to make the cake....forgot to put the nuts in AND was going to make it in a bundt cake pan and decorate with a RI Ornament I had made previously. Okay, sooooo guess what? In my brainless talking on the phone state I put it in the regular 8" round pans like I do every year! LOL Oh well, nuts can go between layers and on top of cake and I'll put the ornament on top as well. It will all be FINE!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

Beth in KY

juleskaye518 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juleskaye518 Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 2:25pm
post #11 of 12

I don't know, but Rum Cake Crumble might be a new tradition in my house!! Warm with vanilla bean ice cream, oh lordy!!

Curtsmin24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Curtsmin24 Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 2:27pm
post #12 of 12

awww!! icon_sad.gif , I am so sad for all of you that are having bad luck. I know it can be frustrating during the holidays but, I truly hope things get better!! Luckily, I haven't had anything happen yet, but here's hoping. I changed my frosting so now I am sitting here with fingers crossed.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%