The Company Sweet C...?

Decorating By yummy Updated 23 Dec 2008 , 9:46pm by BCJean

yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 5:02pm
post #1 of 8

Anyone knows what happened to the company sweet celebrations? I've been trying to contact them with no results.

Can you please share some cake supply companies that have mail order catalogs thanks>

7 replies
bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 5:17pm
post #2 of 8

We believe they have closed. There was another thread on it a while back. Something about the economy and one of the owners or employees or somebody had died in a car accident. Sorry I can't be more specific but I don't know all the details. We sure will miss them though.

live2create Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
live2create Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 5:29pm
post #3 of 8

Yes I do know what happen to them. Unfortunately they are no longer in business, I live in Wisconsin and they were very close for me when I needed items in a hurr. I called an order in one day and the very nice lady said this would be there last day of shipping, and the next day they were having a huge sale to the public, I thought it was kinda funny when I placed my order they were out of so many things, the lady said it was a total surprise to her also that they were closing. I like this company and sorry they are gone.

BCJean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCJean Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 5:31pm
post #4 of 8

I don't order a lot of supplies at home anymore but I first started decorating in 1975 and I had nothing. Sweet Celebrations at that time was called, "Maid of Scandinavia". They really let me get started with my new career. That was before the day of internet or credit cards. They let me phone my order in, they sent it out and I sent them a check later for it. I loved them. Yes, it is sad to hear they had problems.

As far as other catalog companies....I receive catalogs from "Kitchen Krafts" and Pfeil & Holing. If I want to order decorating tips, I usually order from Winbeckler.com...but they don't have a catalog.

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 5:48pm
post #5 of 8

Sorry to hear that such a good store went under. I am certain they will be missed.

One place to get some good merchandise at a fair price is www.countrykitchensa.com and they DO offer a mail order catalog as well as online ordering. You just have to request one and they will happily send it to you. I have ordered so much from them and they've always treated me with respect and attention to detail. I've not had one bad run in with them. I recommend them highly!

yummy Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 6:11pm
post #6 of 8

Thanks guys!

yummy Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 9:26pm
post #7 of 8

anymore?

BCJean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCJean Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 9:46pm
post #8 of 8

www.Ultimatebaker.com