Help I Need Someone To Tell Me What To Do?

Decorating By papu Updated 22 Dec 2008 , 10:41pm by cakebaker1978

papu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
papu Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 8:31pm
post #1 of 5

i need to make a cake for a winemaker- so i decided to use 8inch stacks and create a wine barrel. i saw some pics in the gallery. will the chocolate WASC cake work well? what fillings should i use ? the cake is going to be a stack about a foot tall so i need to consider the fillings so that when it is cut i can almost get 2 pieces from one wedge. i would like to use ganache but then what should the other filling be? and what should i use as the crumb coat?( i plan on using MMF to cover). any suggestions will be useful thanks in adavance

4 replies
juleskaye518 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juleskaye518 Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 8:47pm
post #2 of 5

Buttercream, you can flavor that and color it if needed. As heavy as mmf is, I love the stuff, I might also dowel or straw this one b/c it is so tall. Crumb coat it is buttercream as well, my mmf sticks fine to that.

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 8:53pm
post #3 of 5

i have seen mention of icewince buttercream i think, but i couldnt tell u where on here it was! i dont know how using wine goes with buttercream, but maybe that could be an alternative to chocolate flavourings (although i love more chocolate!)
xx

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 8:53pm
post #4 of 5

Make sure to put cardboards like if you were stacking a regular cake. I usually use buttercream under my fondant. Not only gives it a smoother look, but If someone doesnt like the fondant, at least there is buttercream. And definitively dowel all cakes together.
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

cakebaker1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1978 Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 10:41pm
post #5 of 5

you should do a red velvet cake so it looks like red wine in the barrel when you cut into it!Maybe try a chocolate WASC cake and raspberry filling. I did one not too long ago. Here is a very yummy raspberry filling recipe. It got great reviews!! Good luck! What a great idea for a wine maker! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2503-Raspberry-Filling.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%