6 Ft Under Cake

Decorating By NEWTODECORATING Updated 16 Aug 2005 , 6:25pm by aunt-judy

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 16 Aug 2005 , 4:53pm
post #1 of 4

Ok so I guess there is a show on TV called 6 ft under??? I just got a call for a 6 ft under party, I think it is a dark hunor kind of thing. They want a open coffin with tombstones and crosses coming out of it.
Here is my idea..please add to it or give me a better way.
Cut a coffin shape out of a 9x13 (yeah cake balls with the left overs) Ice it brown, use cardboard iced for the lid, prop open with toothpicks and fill with Halloween choc. molded crosses and tombstones. Maybe put the names of the characters of the show on the tombstones since this is the last eposode and everyone is supposed to die??
This is hard for me, I am a generally happy person and getting this dark and dreary is not my taste.
Any other ideas out there... O'yeah small party 10-15 guest max.

3 replies
briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 16 Aug 2005 , 4:59pm
post #2 of 4

You could make the cake as you said.. Making a coffin and a lid. And just add a few crosses and at the head of the coffin make a tombstone that reads " 6ft Under". Then to incorporate the names you could make cupcakes and add little tombstones out of cookies add the names (to tombstones) and place on cupcakes.. Hope this helps.. can't wait to see your finished cake!

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 16 Aug 2005 , 5:01pm
post #3 of 4

P.S. I would use white chocolate for the cross molds..

aunt-judy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aunt-judy Posted 16 Aug 2005 , 6:25pm
post #4 of 4

i love 6 feet under; it's smart and funny and sad and just plain good...unfortunately we're several seasons behind here in canada, so i've only seen up through season 3.

the show is about the Fisher (and Diaz) family who run a funeral home, so you might want to think about staging your coffin to appear as it might in a memorial service, with a closed modern casket (no halloween-style 19th century boxes) with perhaps a wreath of flowers and some ribbon in a cross pattern on the top. the tombstone approach is good too, as tombstone imagery is part of the opening credits (with a crow on top of the stone). if i were doing this, i would pipe the name of the show as it appears in the "tree logo" which opens each episode:
http://store.hbo.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2052642&cp=1885648
followed by the year dates that the show ran -- at the beginning of every episode, they tell the story of someone who has died, followed with a white screen and the person's name and year of birth and death. check out the hbo website for specific dates (i'd do it for you, but i don't want to spoil my watching of future seasons)

think of the party as a memorial service for a beloved show, so instead of dark and dreary, try to go for tasteful and respectful, just as the Fisher's would.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%