How Do I Make Regular Meringue Fast And Easy??

Decorating By mariarosa Updated 22 Dec 2008 , 7:44pm by ShellBell69

mariarosa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariarosa Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 3:52pm
post #1 of 2

I am trying to make meringue with egg white and sugar and then add dulce de leche and food color, but there is something I am doing wrong because it doesn't get the consistency that it should before take them to the oven, it gets like liquidy , so I can't use the mangue. I used already a dozen eggs.... icon_cry.gif
Somebody could give some ideas pleaseeeee??? I need to do it for a Christmas Party for this evening.....
thank you in advance for all people who help to the disasters icon_confused.gif like me
mariarosa icon_wink.gificon_smile.gif
Merry Christmas

1 reply
ShellBell69 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShellBell69 Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 7:44pm
post #2 of 2

First make sure that you have no yoke in the whites of the eggs. Put in bowl (I like to use a copper bowl or stainless steel but you don't have to). If your mixer has the wisk attachment definately use that. If not..that's fine too. Use mixer and start mixing up the whites. They will start getting frothy then thicker. Add a little sugar a little at a time SLOWLY and continue mixing. Eventually it will get to stiff peaks. I have never added any flavoring or color to my meringue. I would think to add it you would need to fold it in VERY carefully. Otherwise they just fall down and look like (in the words of my MIL) cow slobber. Maybe someone more experience with flavors and colors can help.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%