Michelle Fosters Fondant

Decorating By ZAKIA6 Updated 13 Jan 2009 , 10:01pm by Frankyola

ZAKIA6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ZAKIA6 Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 2:39pm
post #1 of 8

I was making a batch of this fondant last night and ran out of sugar (due to making several bad batches of mmf). Do you think i will be able to add in the rest of the sugar today. it should only be another 2 - 2-1/2 cups i have to add in

7 replies
kellertur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 3:40am
post #2 of 8

did you figure this one out? icon_confused.gif Did it work?

I've had trouble getting homemade fondant the correct consistancy. I'm now loyal to Satin Ice... icon_rolleyes.gif

Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 11:12pm
post #3 of 8

If the fondant is still very soft then you will be able to add more powdered sugar to it. It will take some effort, so be prepared for a good workout. It will probably be easier to work in small batches and then knead all of them together to get it to the right consistency.

I hope this reply isn't too late.

Michele

ZAKIA6 Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 7:17pm
post #4 of 8

Thanks for the replies (i didnt get any notices)

Actually i just put it in a greased bowl and covered it overnight.

The next day it was still sticky and i was able to add about another 3-4 cups to it.

It was still a little soft, i didnt want to overdo it, but i think it will be ok.

Will let you know how it turns out when I go to put in on the cake this week.

ZAKIA6 Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 4:15pm
post #5 of 8

hi - just wanted to update that the fondant worked out fine!
thanks for your help.

Frankyola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frankyola Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 9:21pm
post #6 of 8

That happen to me too, and I add more sugar next day let it rest for couple hours and works really good. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 9:55pm
post #7 of 8

I just made a batch of Michelle's fondant this afternoon for the first time. It was pretty simple to make. It still seemed a little soft, but I didn't want to go too far the other way and have it get hard. I will check it tomorrow after it has rested. I tasted it and liked it alot. I didn't seem as chewy as Satin Ice.

Frankyola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frankyola Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 10:01pm
post #8 of 8

If you see it soft for you can always add a little more sugar and that's it, that fondant it is amazing. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%