Anyone Tried Hypnosis For Weight Loss?

Lounge By sparklepopz Updated 23 Dec 2008 , 4:49am by sparklepopz

sparklepopz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sparklepopz Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 3:51am
post #1 of 6

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone has any experiences with using hypnosis for weight loss they'd like to share. I have been thinking about going this route for a couple of months now and will most likely be trying it in January. A friend of mine told me she did it many years ago and it worked wonders for her. I don't even know where to begin looking though! icon_smile.gif

Advice, stories, suggestions are all welcome!

5 replies
kaat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaat Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 1:36pm
post #2 of 6

I haven't used hypnosis for weight loss, but I have used it for some other problems I was having. It was GREAT! And I was skeptical going in, my hubby set it up. I saw a reputable, experienced hypnotherapist and she worked wonders for me. It took several sessions and I go back ocassionally here and there. I highly recommend it although I know it won't work for everyone. HTH, good luck with the weight loss and kudos to you for working on it!

sparklepopz Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 6:10pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks for the info! How do you go about finding a reputable, experienced hypnotherapist? Is anyone else allowed to be in the room? It's kind of scary being so vulnerable with a stranger.

LOVE your bride and groom avatar, BTW! icon_smile.gif

kaat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaat Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 6:29pm
post #4 of 6

I'm in Canada so I went to the Ontario Hypnosis Centre which is also a training school. I'm not sure where you are but I'd search the net look for clinics or Drs that are certified. I know the OHC has cds for weight loss that might help. I was alone in the room with my therapist which was unnerving at first because yes, you are so vulnerable, but she made me very comfortable before we started, let me know what to expect. You are still aware of what is going on and can stop at any time. We had hand signals so I could communicate yes, no and stop with her. It was a really amazing experience! I think having someone else in the room would have been harder to really let go and be completely immersed in it.

Thanks re: B&G they turned out really well and looked just like the couple! icon_smile.gif

Monkess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monkess Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 2:22am
post #5 of 6

I have heard of it and wanted to try it too, but frankly I think I am too scared. I think too much and doubt I would be able to let go the way they want you to...but KAAT - kudos if it worked for you!

sparklepopz Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 4:49am
post #6 of 6

I was listening to the radio in the car today and an ad came on about weight loss and hypnosis. Seems there's a hypnotherapy center not too far from me, and they are offering a free 30 minute introductory session to see if one is able to be hypnotized. I'm calling tomorrow!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%