First Christmas Cake

Decorating By MistyGirl2008 Updated 23 Dec 2008 , 2:54pm by IcedTea4Me2

MistyGirl2008 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MistyGirl2008 Posted 21 Dec 2008 , 7:03pm
post #1 of 5

My Mom asked me to decorate her Christmas fruit cake. It's marzipan covered in royal icing with fondant decorations. The paper towel technique worked well on the royal icing and Santa was my first fondant figure. Mom loved it and told me I have the job for life. Now she wants to give me her family fruit cake recipe and have me do the whole thing from scratch icon_smile.gif
LL

4 replies
amyfj1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amyfj1 Posted 21 Dec 2008 , 7:13pm
post #2 of 5

Great job! I love your Santa

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 21 Dec 2008 , 8:04pm
post #3 of 5

Good for you! You made a very cute cake. Don't be afraid of learning to bake........it is important if you want to do well in this art.

nicole379 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicole379 Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 7:41pm
post #4 of 5

How very cute!

IcedTea4Me2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IcedTea4Me2 Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 2:54pm
post #5 of 5

Great Santa! I haven't tried Fondant yet. At first I wasn't interested in fondant and decided to stick with buttercream, but lately I've been having thoughts of giving it a shot. I actually picked up some Satin Ice in the store yesterday (while I was at the cake decorating store when I was supposed to be Christmas shopping) but I put it back down and thought I'll get it later when I'm not so busy and can put some time into it. I'm taking class 3 for Wilton in January and so I'll get my feet wet then.

Lisa

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%