When will the trash talking start? I need some motivation icon_twisted.gif

Trixyinaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Trixyinaz Posted 2 Jan 2009 , 5:47pm
post #92 of 278

I don't know how to trash talk icon_smile.gif

kansaswolf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaswolf Posted 2 Jan 2009 , 6:22pm
post #93 of 278

The only one I know well enough to trash talk is Lesley, and she's not in my group since she kicked my butt in the June TD... icon_wink.gif

But I'm gonna come out swinging this time... Maybe I can meet up with her again in the finals! icon_twisted.gif I've got some awesome ideas, which..uh...will be better than all yours? icon_lol.gif

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 2 Jan 2009 , 11:13pm
post #94 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by kansaswolf

The only one I know well enough to trash talk is Lesley, and she's not in my group since she kicked my butt in the June TD... icon_wink.gif

But I'm gonna come out swinging this time... Maybe I can meet up with her again in the finals! icon_twisted.gif I've got some awesome ideas, which..uh...will be better than all yours? icon_lol.gif

oh yeah? That's when you wake up and realize you were only dreaming
LL

jillmakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillmakescakes Posted 3 Jan 2009 , 12:45am
post #95 of 278

Here is my best trash talk attempt:

I'm gonna use you to clean up my powdered sugar. icon_twisted.gif

Any good?

kellertur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 3 Jan 2009 , 3:53am
post #96 of 278

hmmm.... trash talk....let's see... icon_rolleyes.gif

"I'll take you out to the curb"??? (or is that too literal.) icon_lol.gif

Trixyinaz Posted 3 Jan 2009 , 12:40pm
post #97 of 278

I'm ready to kick some frosty fondant butt!! My design is ready (just needed to drink to come up wiht it at 3 am) and all I have to do is make it! Get ready folks....i think it might be a winner!!!

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 3 Jan 2009 , 3:44pm
post #98 of 278

Since everything has been decided, have those of us who asked to be PMed been contacted?

Trixyinaz Posted 3 Jan 2009 , 5:38pm
post #99 of 278

Brandi - everone on the losers team has checked in here and Lesley (PinkLesley1) said she contacted everyone on the Winner's team via PM regarding the theme. I will confirm with her that she has done that. Here is the Winner's Team

Winners Team:
Jill/Jillmakescakes
Stephanie/Snowshoe1
Stephanie/Stephaniescakenj
Lesley/PinkLesley1
Brandi/Brandisbaked
Grace/Sugar_Plum_Fairy
Mary/Mariu

cocorum21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocorum21 Posted 8 Jan 2009 , 9:45pm
post #100 of 278

Got a question regarding black and white theme. Does this mean we can't use silver luster dust or dragees?

cocorum21 Posted 8 Jan 2009 , 9:49pm
post #101 of 278

QUESTION!

Does Black and White mean no silver luster dust or dragee?

This is so freaking hard! But, I'm still gonna kick butt! icon_lol.gif

all4cake Posted 8 Jan 2009 , 11:08pm
post #102 of 278

I would say black and white only no nothing else.

that's what i was referring to when i said it would be extra challenging...

hard ain't the word for how i see it...

cocorum21 Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 1:01am
post #103 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by all4cake

I would say black and white only no nothing else.

FINE! Have it your way!

*stomping off to sit in a corner*

icon_razz.gif

all4cake Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 2:06am
post #104 of 278

LOL

all4cake Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 2:07am
post #105 of 278

LOL...I was gonna wait to see how the others responded...I was just sharing my take on it.

Trixyinaz Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 2:10pm
post #106 of 278

I was thinking silver luster dust would be okay....It's still gonna be black, just shiney. What does everyone else think?

Here's what I was thinking. One team member from each team posts the pics for the opposite team.

So, as a LOSER, I volunteer myself to be the "HOST" to post all the pics for the WINNERS.

Can someone from the Winner's team volunteer to "HOST" the LOSERS?

Let me know! Thanks!

Vicki

mabryant0212 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mabryant0212 Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 2:24pm
post #107 of 278

is it too late to get in on this? I wold love to try an push myself a bit... icon_rolleyes.gif

Trixyinaz Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 2:42pm
post #108 of 278

Hi there! Actually, this contest is among all the Losers of the 2008 TD's and all the Winner's of the 2008 TD's for the Ultimate Throwdown Champion of 2008.

Here is what I would suggest. Post in the General Formum asking if anyone would like to challenge you to a January TD. You want to look at their skills and find someone that is a good match. Not very fair if you pick someone who is way more experienced than you or vise versa, KWIM? Then the two of you can pick a theme and set out to make your cakes. Only 2 people per TD. The deadline to submit your TD cakes is January 24th (Saturday) by 3 pm CST. You guys need to find someone willing to post your pics and start the voting. I am hosting this one and 2 or 3 others so I'm kinda busy this month and can't take on another one. But if push comes to shove and you can't find someone to "HOST" your TD, let me know and I'll squeeze you guys in.

Let me know if you have any questions.

kansaswolf Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 9:53pm
post #109 of 278

As per the luster dust question... I'd be fine with, say, a Super Pearl on the white, as it's STILL WHITE. Or a shiny black on the black, whatever that would be called. Silver isn't black OR white... Just my thought.

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 4:38am
post #110 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by kansaswolf

As per the luster dust question... I'd be fine with, say, a Super Pearl on the white, as it's STILL WHITE. Or a shiny black on the black, whatever that would be called. Silver isn't black OR white... Just my thought.

I agree with Kansaswolf on the luster dust issue thumbs_up.gif

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 2:32pm
post #111 of 278

Hi Vicki, I'll post for you guys but I have no idea how to do it. It might be more work to show me what to do that it's worth but if no one else comes forward that already knows how to do it... count me in.

You guys are cracking me up with your theme. I just keep thinking of the soup nazi on seinfield... No silver for you! I somehow fear you guys are taking this way more seriously than us and whoever wins is going to kick the butt of the winner of the winners... or maybe we're just so busy on our designs that there's no time for talk icon_wink.gif

kansaswolf Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 6:13pm
post #112 of 278

Yeah, we're the luster dust nazis... Heh... I dunno, I'm just trying to stay uniform... I actually wanted to use silver on mine as well, but I didn't think that really went with the theme...

I DO plan on using some super pearl, though... icon_biggrin.gif

And my plans are coming along AWESOME! I did some accent pieces last night, and they came out better than expected!

All you losers are going DOWN... (All in good fun right? icon_lol.gif )

kellertur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 2:26am
post #113 of 278

Oh, don't worry about me ladies... I'll be the one waiting until the very last second with bloodshot eyes, and fondant stuck in my hair (AGAIN)... waking up in the middle of the night screaming:
"TIME to make the fondant..." (remember the Dunkin Donut guy???)

GOOD TIMES.... madhatter.gif

I ruined my favorite sweater yesterday when I was sanitizing my equipment before baking... turned a beautiful green sweater a disgusting shade of orange in two places... I HATE BLEACH ~ but it's STATE regulation.... I wish they'd approve vinegar or even peroxide which is earth friendly... but that's another arguement... icon_rolleyes.gif

pinklesley1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinklesley1 Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 3:05am
post #114 of 278

Trixy... SugarPlumFairy (Grace) pm me and told me that she has to withdraw from the competition becuase she has some previous engagement (a class that shes teaching) so I dont know if you want to take her out...

if you need someone to post for the non winner ( I hate the word loser) group... let me know...

i havent even started on my cake... the design is down on paper...

kansaswolf... is gonna kick some butt... go girl...

me... i will just keep my fingers crossed that people understand where i am coming from with my piece... i can be kinda cooqui and off the wall sometimes...

Are you all ready... only 12 days left....

better get on it myslef ...

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 3:25am
post #115 of 278

My design is on paper too but that's about as far as I got. I'm going to try and get myself motivated this week to start working on it!

kansaswolf Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 5:25pm
post #116 of 278

pinklesley1 - Kick some butt too, so we can meet in the finals! icon_biggrin.gif

Boo-yah...

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 6:55pm
post #117 of 278

Sorry Grace had to withdraw icon_sad.gif

I've been working on some cool gumpaste pieces and am very happy with how it is all turning out. First time making these particular pieces so I am learning while having fun. icon_smile.gif

Boo-Yah back at cha! icon_lol.gif

pinklesley1 Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 9:53pm
post #118 of 278

argh i just got an order for two cakes that weekend... and i am doing a show this weekemd...

but i am still going to kick butt

jen... me and you in a rematch... bring it on....

kansaswolf Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 7:15am
post #119 of 278

Oh, it's been brung... icon_wink.gif

Got a few accent pieces done today during the few minutes I can get three small children to nap at the same time... Oof... I'm planning on being done by Saturday, so I'll have some pictures for...whoever we're sending these to... Lesley?

I'm really pleased with my progress so far! Though I always seem to underestimate how much work I have to do, as well as how talented everyone else is! DANG... After my blowout courtesy of Lesley, I'm not going to make that mistake again!! icon_lol.gif Here comes my best cake EVER... icon_biggrin.gif

pinklesley1 Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 12:25am
post #120 of 278

hey yall i hope that everyone is hard at work with their TD cakes...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%