Decorating By cakedivamommy Updated 23 Jan 2009 , 4:44pm by shiney

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 6:12pm
post #91 of 109

That is insane!

handymama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
handymama Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 6:19pm
post #92 of 109

I drive past UPS to go to FedEx (both of which are much, much farther than the nearest post office). They get it there on time and in good condition, and I can track it moment to moment on my computer. If something doesn't seem to be going right I can call any time of the day or night and get a real person. I only use USPS for overseas, and always consider it risky.

kayjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kayjess Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 6:22pm
post #93 of 109

Ironbaker,
Sorry.. I just saw your post... yes, I finally got my box on CHRISTMAS EVE.. .and I live in Indiana..no where near Memphis or Cininnati.. so I don't know why it was going back and forth between the two.

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 6:37pm
post #94 of 109

I think you need to file a small claims lawsuit against the employee and the manager for the full cost of your invoice, if you can't get anywhere with the post office. I hate to say sue, but it seems that that is the only way that you will be compensated.

amytracy1981 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amytracy1981 Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 6:47pm
post #95 of 109

So have you gotton a response to your complaint?
I can't believe those idiots at the post office. icon_mad.gif

bmcd17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bmcd17 Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 7:08pm
post #96 of 109

lroberts 74 please let us know if you did anything else about this. I am very curious! Your cookies were beautiful!

eldag0615 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eldag0615 Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 7:21pm
post #97 of 109

WOW, I am speechless. My sister bought an expensive dress on line and she was tracking it on line, she was supposed to receive it the day after Thanksgiving, she did not work that day or left her house waiting for the mail, she did not get anything, went on line again and it said : received or something like that, to the P.O. my sister goes and they said they left it there, my sister made a big thing, wants to know who signed for receiving it, etc, they just told her she DID! tapedshut.gif and there was nothing that could be done. And she is not the kind that stays quiet when they wrong her. Anyway she filed a complaint with PayPal explaining, without really hoping anything, since the P.O. said it was received by HER. They gracefully reimbursed her the full amount. 2 weeks later, she got the dress! She contacted paypal again and the place from where she bought the dress. Another example of our wonderful p.o. system.
And Tita, congrats. on standing up for your family, my kids know that I am always there for them, if I don't defend them, then who? One time my oldest son got in trouble, teenagers sometimes think they are invencible, and one family member told me: If it was my son, I would have thrown him out of the house, you have to take care of the little ones, my reply? If it was YOUR son, maybe I would have thrown him also. My son finished his major in Anthropology and is in Taiwan now.

cakedivamommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedivamommy Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 4:23am
post #98 of 109

Sorry everyone for the delay. With the site being down so much I gave up on getting on for awhile and apparently it is still not 100% but here is what happened.

I did go to the PO and talked to someone. At first they were not going to compensate me for the damage but as soon as I said fine I am going to the new station to report it their attitudes changed immediately. Its funny how saying one little thing can change the outcome. They reimbursed me for the original cookies, overnight shipping, and my gas (which I added in!) for having to go there so many times.

I do not know what happened to the postal worker that decided to go "postal" on my package, he has not been at the post office since I received the compensation. I did file a formal complaint on him hoping if I did this he wouldnt take his aggression out on anyone elses package by thinking I would let the issue slide.

Thank you ALL for your replies and making sure that everything was ok. It means alot and I sure do hope that this post goes through and CC can be back to its regular wonderful site!

cakedivamommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedivamommy Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 4:24am
post #99 of 109

double post

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 6:14am
post #100 of 109

Yay!! I (heart) happy endings thumbs_up.gif Though I'm sorry it took a threat for them to step up; they should have done the right thing from the beginning. Grrr. It will be nice to be able to put this behind you too, while knowing you did the right thing by persisting. Hooray!

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 6:38am
post #101 of 109

That's great! Good for you! I was telling my DH about this story, and he just could not believe someone would do something so stupid.

janine1972 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janine1972 Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 7:24am
post #102 of 109

Hi
I just read this post, and cant believe the moron's - but i am glad you finaly got compensation, though dh and i were just discussing, that they should have paid for both batches and the new shipping too!!

Well at least it looks like your post office will be without the nut job!
Im proud of you for sticking to your guns, it is way too easy to let something like this slide, as we dont allways like confrontations, you go girl!! you did well.

newnancy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newnancy Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 2:11pm
post #103 of 109

Way to go! You should be proud of yourself for following thru with this.

IcedTea4Me2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IcedTea4Me2 Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 2:31pm
post #104 of 109

Yay! I'm glad you were compensated and I hope something was done about this employee's conduct. Just as an aside, I sent something through the mail the other day work-related and requested that "fragile" and "don't bend" be put on the container. After doing all of that she turns around and [/i]throws it into the bin. Go figure.

Lisa

dmhart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dmhart Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 2:48pm
post #105 of 109

Good for you!!! icon_lol.gif

miscue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miscue Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 11:38pm
post #106 of 109

Yay! Good job to get paid for the petrol (gas) too!

I have been thinking about this alot. I work in customer service, and the bottom line here is that the loser should have just stuck the fragile sticker on the box - just to keep the customer happy... it's pretty simple.
Why is it that customer service is long gone (except in my store!!)???

lomikesa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lomikesa Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 11:06pm
post #107 of 109

Good for you!!

Lomikesa

VannaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VannaD Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 4:25pm
post #108 of 109

Wow! Thats great you got reimbursed, and hopefully the worker did get in trouble. HUbby and I know a guy that works for on of the shipping companies and we have actually talked to him about the way they treat packages. I hate to say it but he said that putting a fragile sticker on your package is pretty much like putting a target it on it. He said that some workers see the sticker as a kind of "kick me" sign. I must say, hubby and i werent very suprised.

shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 4:44pm
post #109 of 109

After reading this, I have to share my little funny. You know that little , rain, shine, sleet, or snow? Well, that doesn't include 'mist'. My mail lady simply will not bring packages up to my door, our mailboxes are by the street, she drives up and sticks it in the box through her car window. So one day she happened to be in the post office when I went to pick up the package she wouldn't bring to the door, and I asked her, with the postal workers right there, why they couldn't be brought to the door, how does that work? She said, "It was misting, I wasn't getting out of the car." The other workers looked at each other and me with that What the-- look.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%