Ideas Needed On This Cake.

Decorating By butterfly831915 Updated 20 Dec 2008 , 6:29pm by butterfly831915

butterfly831915 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterfly831915 Posted 20 Dec 2008 , 4:43pm
post #1 of 7

My neice asked me for a christmas prestent of a cake. She wants it to have Ariel from the Little Mermaid on it. I was trying to think of ways to make this feel like Christmas. I really don't want to do an under the sea cake. I was thinking (tell me if a bad idea), she could have swam to meet some penguins to get her letter to santa a delivered and maybe place a shaw or something on her shoulders. I really want to do some penguins so I figured if I could include them like that it would be great. I would have a whole penguin playground thing going on too. Just one thought. What would you suggest on how to decorate this cake? Any help appreciated...

Christina detective.gif

6 replies
nicole379 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicole379 Posted 20 Dec 2008 , 5:13pm
post #2 of 7

Does she want it to be Christmas-y or just Ariel?

I think the idea of the penguins and Ariel sounds cute. Would it be with 3d figures or drawn on?

When you said Christmas present I thought of the present style cakes...the box with a bow.

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 20 Dec 2008 , 5:14pm
post #3 of 7

Christina.... girl, you don't need our help.... You have nailed it perfectly! Get going on those penguins... icon_biggrin.gif [/i]

GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 20 Dec 2008 , 5:29pm
post #4 of 7

I totally agree CakesByLJ! Oh, Christina how about putting a little red Santa Hat on the penguins? Or perhaps on Ariel? How darling would that be!

montanabaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
montanabaker Posted 20 Dec 2008 , 5:38pm
post #5 of 7

How about ariel giving a "red and green" present to flounder or maybe decorating corel like a christmas tree?

banananutmuffin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
banananutmuffin Posted 20 Dec 2008 , 6:19pm
post #6 of 7

I love the penguin idea, and agree with previous poster that a little red hat (on Ariel) would be cute and tie in the Christmas theme. Sounds adorable! I can't wait to see pics!

butterfly831915 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterfly831915 Posted 20 Dec 2008 , 6:29pm
post #7 of 7

I had totally spaced the santa hat, duh moment here... I couldn't do the gift box cake, I did one for my other sisters baby shower and well, bad things happened after and I would be afraid it would bother that sister. My neices mother said it had to be Christmas themed. I really want to do a great job on this cake since my sister has never let me do a cake for my neices before, as she doesn't think it would be as good as sam's club. What ever she wants to think but there is nothing better than the cake made with love and it is going to be a one of a kind creation!! It will be 3d figures. I have recently done the teddy bears and a pony so I hope I'm up to the penguins. The pony was hard enough. Don't think the penguins would be any harder. (hopefully) Ariel, sadly will be plastic as my neice wants to be able to play with her afterward, that's okay though since I will place a big part of her under water. LOL... Guess at least I don't have to worry about the fin then...LOL... Thanks for the help and keep the ideas coming....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%