Oy Vey! 18 Kids...and Counting!

Lounge By KeltoKel Updated 10 Jan 2009 , 5:26am by summernoelle

Tita9499 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tita9499 Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 12:41am
post #61 of 65

Amen and Amen again! I have to remind some of my family members of that when they get on their high horse. "I do this and that for my kids" I tell them straight up, "You can afford to since I'm paying for them!"

funcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funcakes Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 12:52am
post #62 of 65

quote "I don't see people complaining when people who are perfectly capable of working have 2 kids and are mooching off the government getting public assistance cause they don't want to work for themselves...do you?"

Actually I DO-Where I live that seems to be the main topic of venting every other conversation, and it's brought up at public meetings, and my daughter who's job is to schedule services for these families finds out that they aren't getting their kids to the educational settings because they won't come out of the house and get into the TAXI CAB that is sent to their house! Oh, yeah-people are so upset about that and not so much about large families.

michood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michood Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 12:57am
post #63 of 65

I happen to live across the street from "low income" apartments. They're really nice apartments, partially funded by the government for people who don't make enough money to rent regular apartments. I don't understand why 1) the apartments need to be so much nicer than a lot of the regular apartments around here, and 2) why MOST of the people living in that apartment complex drive nicer vehicles than the rest of us tax-payers who make it possible for them to live where and how they do.

And by nicer cars, I mean Navigators, BMWs, Lexus, Escalades.... etc.

This got way off topic, but once again, props to the Duggars for being able to AFFORD the children they have!

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 2:03am
post #64 of 65

On the subject of them supporting themselves I don't know how true that is, I've heard some rumors about them and taxes. I would not consider a family who gets themselves declared a church so their house and possibly more is tax exempt to be supporting themselves fully. I've hear

Someone setting their house up so they don't have to pay taxes and probably write of electric and water bills can't be right.

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 5:26am
post #65 of 65

I can't stand Kate on that show. She is always pissed off about something, always yelling. I keep thinking her husband will get fed up when the kids are grown and leave. He seems like a decent person, but she seems like a control freak meanie to me. I don't watch that show because of it!
But, if I had that many kids that little, maybe I would be pissy too. icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%