Deluxe Ovens.........again

Business By itsacake Updated 28 Dec 2008 , 3:39am by peacockplace

itsacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsacake Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 1:55am
post #1 of 22

I'm still working on buying an oven. I'm sharing a kitchen and we need two because it's a kosher kitchen. I'm pretty sure I want the Deluxe CR-2-4. The kitchen already has a Blodgett gas convection oven, which two out of the three of us in the space hate. (The two who are sub-letting) When I stop sharing this space, I will be taking the oven along with me, so though bringing in the circuit is lost money, the oven remains my investment.

Anyway, the electrician is coming tomorrow to let me know if it is feasible to run 240 into the kitchen and the person who actually has the lease is going to check with the landlord to see if it is OK to put in an additional circuit.

If all that works out, I can order the oven, so this is a last check to see if anyone who already has a Deluxe thinks this is a bad idea. I don't think I've ever seen anyone post here that they didn't like these ovens, but if there is someone, I'd like to hear why you didn't like it.

Does anyone have an issue with fixed shelves or the 5" crown space?

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

21 replies
iamlis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iamlis Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 5:06am
post #2 of 22

Honestly, I have only heard WONDERFUL things about these ovens...at the kitchen I rent it is a generic oven-not sure of the brand but if I had my own place (SOME DAY MAYBE icon_smile.gif I would get the Deluxe in a heart beat icon_smile.gif

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 9:14pm
post #3 of 22

Where yah getting it from?? Believe it or not you can get it cheaper than from the Deluxe people themselves in Florida. Out of Atlanta..let's see what's the name of that place...gimme a second I'll find it...

-K8memphis Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 9:36pm
post #4 of 22

Pretty sure it's Atlanta Fixture. Try their prices. You have to get a salesperson on the phone with you.

I can't find my invoice--it's here somewhere--so I'm not gonna call myself and get someone's hopes up like I'm buying right now or something kwim?

But try these folks--I saved a bundle on a new one. If it's not them, let me know and I'll find the invoice.

itsacake Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 10:30pm
post #5 of 22

I guess the e-mail notification system still isn't working! Thanks to both of you for your responses.

So I just called Atlanta Fixtures and was told they don't carry Deluxe Ovens. Maybe they were cheap because they were on close out? The person on the phone didn't seem to have even heard of them, or I would have asked why they don't have them any more. That might have been interesting.

Russ at Deluxe has always been very nice and they do offer a discount, but it would be nice to spend less. I really was hoping to find them someplace closer to California, as the shipping is pretty expensive from the East Coast to here.

Don't go to a lot of trouble, but if you happen to find the invoice, let me know if it was another place, please.

cfao Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cfao Posted 20 Dec 2008 , 3:23am
post #6 of 22

You will LOVE a Deluxe Oven - tied with my Hobart for the best purchase I ever made!

-K8memphis Posted 20 Dec 2008 , 3:41am
post #7 of 22

Got it Got it Got it.

Restaurant Solutions, Marietta Georgia.
Restaurantsoulutionsinc.com

Jim Wilmot was our salesman.
770-421-1999

icon_biggrin.gif

Last January we got the cr-2-3 for 2767 that included shipping to TN

Hope they still carry them.

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 20 Dec 2008 , 12:18pm
post #8 of 22

We are also currently working with Deluxe, I hope to get a cr-2-4 myself next month. (waiting for quotes from the electricians) I have heard nothing but wonderful things about it! I think a 5 inch crown should be fine. I like the idea of the lower fan too! I am hoping I get a chance to play with it and tweak my recipes before wedding season starts!

PS I am glad to hear someone else say they aren't getting notifications..I was wondering why I haven't seen any emails!!

-K8memphis Posted 20 Dec 2008 , 1:43pm
post #9 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by loriemoms

We are also currently working with Deluxe, I hope to get a cr-2-4 myself next month. (waiting for quotes from the electricians) I have heard nothing but wonderful things about it! I think a 5 inch crown should be fine. I like the idea of the lower fan too! I am hoping I get a chance to play with it and tweak my recipes before wedding season starts!

PS I am glad to hear someone else say they aren't getting notifications..I was wondering why I haven't seen any emails!!

What priice is Deluxe quoting if you don't mind me asking? My cr-2-3 was under 2800 in Jan 07 and that included shipping. We saved a ton going though RS.

itsacake Posted 20 Dec 2008 , 7:38pm
post #10 of 22

I will call Restaurant Solutions on Monday. Just looked at the website and didn't see any Deluxe ovens listed, though. I did see they do a lot of free shipping, which would be awesome, as shipping is several hundred dollars.

I will have to find my notes and see what price Russ at Deluxe quoted. I know there is a really big discount for ICES members, and there is a big notice on the website that says: Ask "Russ" about our 40% inventory reduction discount on most models"

-K8memphis Posted 20 Dec 2008 , 7:56pm
post #11 of 22

My shipping was $139 plus $20 for the liftgate. They do not bring it in the bldg.

Maybe Russ caught on that RS was giving sucha deal. His quote was not even close. He's been discounting for ICES for a long time but always said that they were reconsidering doing it. Did he tell you that. Not that he's not a good guy--he's a salesman is all.

CindiM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CindiM Posted 21 Dec 2008 , 2:40am
post #12 of 22

I've had my Deluxe cr2-3 for 8 years.
I bought it from Russ. He was awesome. I love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thumbs_up.gif

loriemoms Posted 21 Dec 2008 , 12:29pm
post #13 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by k8memphis

Quote:

What priice is Deluxe quoting if you don't mind me asking? My cr-2-3 was under 2800 in Jan 07 and that included shipping. We saved a ton going though RS.

Russ quoted me 3423.00 plus 208 for shipping. (the cooling rack base is another 1300.00

I also looked on the Restaurant solutions web site and didnt see any thing about deluxe. I am curious if they are still selling it? What is the different between a CR-2-3 and a CR 2-4?

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 21 Dec 2008 , 12:46pm
post #14 of 22
Quote:

Dose it have the MIL option? Hehehehe

Mike

loriemoms Posted 21 Dec 2008 , 12:49pm
post #15 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1394

Quote:

Dose it have the MIL option? Hehehehe

Mike

No, its an electric oven, not gas. icon_lol.gif

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 21 Dec 2008 , 1:10pm
post #16 of 22

I LOVE mine! The stationary racks were something I had to get used to.

Jen icon_smile.gif

-K8memphis Posted 21 Dec 2008 , 1:29pm
post #17 of 22
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by k8memphis

Quote:

Russ quoted me 3423.00 plus 208 for shipping. (the cooling rack base is another 1300.00

I also looked on the Restaurant solutions web site and didnt see any thing about deluxe. I am curious if they are still selling it? What is the different between a CR-2-3 and a CR 2-4?

I think the difference is the cr-2-3 has three racks and the other has four. Pretty sure that's correct.

loriemoms Posted 21 Dec 2008 , 6:44pm
post #18 of 22

I guess that gives them more crown space? But they are both basically the same oven, no?

What is everyone putting their ovens on? Do you buy a special table for it or has anyone paid all that money for the cooling rack table?

itsacake Posted 21 Dec 2008 , 6:55pm
post #19 of 22

Yup. What k8memphis said. Russ told me the CR-2-3 and CR2 -4 have the same shell. They build the 3 with 3 shelves with 7 inch crown space and the 4 with 4 shelves with 5 inch crown space. Shelves can't move because there is a heating element under and over each shelf for even heat.

I'm a little concerned because I do bake things other than cakes, but the person I'm sharing space with would be really disappointed with only 3 shelves and I'm not sure we have the room (or that I want to spend the money) for the CR-2-6 that has 7 inch crown space and room for 6 sheet pans.

Oh, and Russ quoted me $3423 as well for the CR-2-4, so at least that's consistent. I'm further away, so $261 for shipping. But the website says to ask about the 40 percent inventory reduction on most models. $3423.00 is only 30 percent off of the list price. We ought to both ask if he could go lower to the 40% off. Probably he'll tell us this is the most popular oven and isn't in the inventory reduction group, but it can't hurt to ask.

k8memphis, with the discount he is quoting, the cr-2-3 would be $2699. plus shipping, so you did get a great deal. Did you get legs or a base? What is it sitting on?

What are the rest of you doing for legs or a base? I was thinking of just
getting a steel worktable. Any reason this shouldn't work? That seems like it would be a lot less expensive even if I have to buy another bun pan rack.

BTW, http://www.bigtray.com has a ton of stuff with free shipping for orders over $250.00 with some restrictions. In case you need things like tables....

itsacake Posted 21 Dec 2008 , 6:58pm
post #20 of 22

HaHa loriemoms, looks like I was typing the same question as you at almost the same time. Great minds and all that LOL!

-K8memphis Posted 21 Dec 2008 , 7:11pm
post #21 of 22

I have a stainless table.

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 28 Dec 2008 , 3:39am
post #22 of 22

I love, love , love my Deluxe!!!! I got it for $1800 from Deluxe because it was a floor or demo model. They have incredible customer service!!! I can't say enough good things about them.

Mine is on a stainless table too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%