I Want To Learn More. :0)

Decorating By NIKKIG1113 Updated 18 Dec 2008 , 11:27pm by NIKKIG1113

NIKKIG1113 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NIKKIG1113 Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 11:42am
post #1 of 4

Hi I was wondering where I could go to become a better decorator? I love baking but I'm just not that good with fondant can anyone share some advice with me, I would really appreciate it. Thanks so much.
icon_smile.gif Nikki.

3 replies
snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 12:04pm
post #2 of 4

Hi Nikki,

Since you are in Long Island there are a lot of resources near you. There is a NYS Chapter of ICES that holds Days of Sharing; also go to meetup.com and look for the NYC Cake Decorators group; etc...

There are a lot of videos on the market you may want to pick up. You mentioned fondant, so you may want to pick up Sharon Zambito's (sp?) fondant video; or go to jenniferdontz.com and pick up her two fondant videos. Most of the Nicolas Lodge videos are quite good also.

Then there is just practice, practice, practice, using techniques in books you may have.

HTH

tx_cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tx_cupcake Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 1:55pm
post #3 of 4

You could also sign up for some Wilton decorating classes that will teach you all of the basics (including fondant). The prices are pretty reasonable, and many craft stores like Michael's, JoAnn's and Hobby Lobby (not sure which ones are in your area) host the classes.

YouTube is also a fantastic resource if you're looking for something free.

NIKKIG1113 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NIKKIG1113 Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 11:27pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks so much for the suggestions. :0)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%