Kitchenaid Mixers

Decorating By lvspaisley Updated 29 Jan 2009 , 5:02am by michel0730

lvspaisley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lvspaisley Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 11:23pm
post #1 of 19

Hi there,

I have a KA mixer, the bowl lift kind, without the tilting head. That stupid thing gets in the way all the time and I'm thinking about upgrading to one that tilts. The thing is, i don't know what wattage to get, etc....

Any suggestions/advice would be a appreciated.

Thanks!
Kristi

18 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 2:58am
post #2 of 19

Get the biggest wattage you can afford. The more powerful the better. It will last longer and work better.

michel0730 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michel0730 Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 6:09pm
post #3 of 19

Thanks for your info lvspaisley. I want to buy one and was looking at the lift bowl kind. I think the tilt head would be better. I've got to convience my husband to let me get one. Hopefully, I can get one on sale soon. They are so expensive but I'll use the heck out it plus I want to buy extra attachments.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 6:24pm
post #4 of 19

I personally prefer the bowl lift type....I don't want to have to have room to tilt anything back...I like it staying right where it is. Personal preference I guess!

I have two KA 6 qt bowl lifts, one is the Pro 600.

I got the Pro 600 on the KitchenAid refurb site, with a discount coupon and free shipping.

turnerdmann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
turnerdmann Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 6:42pm
post #5 of 19

I also have the Pro600 with lift. I love it. It fits nicely under the cabinets and I don't have to pull it out to tilt. icon_smile.gif Hope this helps.

michel0730 Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 7:19pm
post #6 of 19

Wow, Kitagrl! I bet you got a great deal huh. Did you purchase it from the KA website or somewhere else. Tell me more. If I can save money I might get a refurbished one. Thanks! thumbs_up.gif

zoomzone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoomzone Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 7:41pm
post #7 of 19

I also have the pro 600- bought at Costco - it was a SUPER deal at the time-(Summer) they had a coupon for extra off. I also got a free prep bowl set and timer and a free meat grinder with rebates from the KA website.
So be sure to check the website when you buy.
I agree with turnerdmann- it fits under the cabs and don't have to pull out.

sparklepopz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sparklepopz Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 8:55pm
post #8 of 19

I have several of both types of KitchenAids. My little classic 4.5 tilt-head gets just a little less action than my lift-bowl Pro6.

I actually prefer the lift-bowl.

Michel073, here ya go:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakepro

Oh, excellent! I've been meaning to post it here.

Here's the deal:

You can buy a factory-reconditioned 6 qt KitchenAid (Professional 6) from the KitchenAid website for $191 shipped with promo code "VALUE3" which will take $47.80 off of the $239 price and also give you free shipping.

They have all colors in stock right now but they go fast.

About "factory-reconditioned" merchandise....when merchandise such as KitchenAid mixers gets returned to stores, or they get opened in the store, the store is not allowed to sell them, so they get sent back to KA, who checks them out and then has to sell them as "factory reconditioned." A KA rep also told me that the ones that get used in photo shoots for ads and whatnot also land in their outlet section.

To make this deal even sweeter: if you go to www.ebates.com and then make your purchase after clicking through to the KitchenAid website, you will get 6% cash back for your purchase, which is $11.46. If you will send me your name and email address (click on the email button here at the bottom of my post), I will refer you to the ebates website and we then will each get $5, so ultimately, you can pick up this mixer for $175 - an absolute STEAL! icon_smile.gif Also, when you register at ebates you will get a $10 gift card when you make your first purchase.

Once you're at the Kitchenaid site, scroll down to the bottom to go to their outlet store, then go into the Factory Reconditioned area. The first item is a 6 qt Pro 6 for $239. Click on it and from there you can choose your colors. You'll enter the promo code on the next-to-the-last page during the checkout process.

Enjoy!
Sherri

Kitagrl Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 9:08pm
post #9 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by michel0730

Wow, Kitagrl! I bet you got a great deal huh. Did you purchase it from the KA website or somewhere else. Tell me more. If I can save money I might get a refurbished one. Thanks! thumbs_up.gif

Yes I got a heads up from someone on here..there was some sort of 15% off or something coupon code plus free shipping, and then I ordered straight from the Kitchenaid refurb outlet. I ended up getting it for like...I don't remember.... Under $200 I think.

http://www.shopkitchenaid.com/product_detail.asp?HDR=outlet&T1=KTA+RKP26M1XPM

handymama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
handymama Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 9:13pm
post #10 of 19

Cakepro--I just paid more than that to have my 6 qt. pro repaired, and it still sounds like it's chewing up nails! I would have been better off to sell it "as is" on ebay (with a description of the problem) and gotten one of these. I just sent the "repaired " one back for a second go, which is no small feat since the closest authorized repair shop is 150 miles away. If they can't get it right I'll try for a refund, and I'll order one of these. My new 5 qt. Artisan that's a few months old wobbles at the back of the head when it's in use. Anyone else have that problem? Meanwhile, my little 4 1/2 qt classic that's 23 yrs old is humming along just fine, as is the $10 yard sale Classic that I use just with the pasta roller. icon_eek.gif

sparklepopz Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 9:42pm
post #11 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by handymama

Cakepro--I just paid more than that to have my 6 qt. pro repaired, and it still sounds like it's chewing up nails! icon_eek.gif

OUCH! I'm so sorry to hear that!!

CakeMakar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMakar Posted 4 Jan 2009 , 8:38pm
post #12 of 19

Anyone know where do they get the ones they refurbish? Can you sell your mixer back to KA? I upgraded and now my old one just sits there. I offered it on Craigslist, but no takers. My friend wants it, for free. Haha. Do you think they'd take it back without the bowl? It's nice to have that second one!

Kitagrl Posted 4 Jan 2009 , 8:44pm
post #13 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeMakar

Anyone know where do they get the ones they refurbish? Can you sell your mixer back to KA? I upgraded and now my old one just sits there. I offered it on Craigslist, but no takers. My friend wants it, for free. Haha. Do you think they'd take it back without the bowl? It's nice to have that second one!

I think its store returns....

sparklepopz Posted 4 Jan 2009 , 8:50pm
post #14 of 19

No, they are not going to take back your mixer without the bowl. Give it a few weeks for people to financially recover from Christmas and post again on Craigslist every few days. Or just keep it. I have 7. icon_biggrin.gif

When someone opens a KitchenAid box at retail stores, those stores are not supposed to sell them so they get returned to KitchenAid. They are also the mixers used in photo shoots for ads, according to a KitchenAid representative with whom I spoke.

CakeMakar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMakar Posted 4 Jan 2009 , 9:20pm
post #15 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklepopz

No, they are not going to take back your mixer without the bowl. Give it a few weeks for people to financially recover from Christmas and post again on Craigslist every few days. Or just keep it. I have 7. icon_biggrin.gif

When someone opens a KitchenAid box at retail stores, those stores are not supposed to sell them so they get returned to KitchenAid. They are also the mixers used in photo shoots for ads, according to a KitchenAid representative with whom I spoke.

7?! OMGracious!
I never thought about store returns & display models...that makes sense. There's my stupid question for the day.

michel0730 Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 4:54pm
post #16 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklepopz

I have several of both types of KitchenAids. My little classic 4.5 tilt-head gets just a little less action than my lift-bowl Pro6.

I actually prefer the lift-bowl.

Michel073, here ya go:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakepro

Oh, excellent! I've been meaning to post it here.

Here's the deal:

You can buy a factory-reconditioned 6 qt KitchenAid (Professional 6) from the KitchenAid website for $191 shipped with promo code "VALUE3" which will take $47.80 off of the $239 price and also give you free shipping.

They have all colors in stock right now but they go fast.

About "factory-reconditioned" merchandise....when merchandise such as KitchenAid mixers gets returned to stores, or they get opened in the store, the store is not allowed to sell them, so they get sent back to KA, who checks them out and then has to sell them as "factory reconditioned." A KA rep also told me that the ones that get used in photo shoots for ads and whatnot also land in their outlet section.

To make this deal even sweeter: if you go to www.ebates.com and then make your purchase after clicking through to the KitchenAid website, you will get 6% cash back for your purchase, which is $11.46. If you will send me your name and email address (click on the email button here at the bottom of my post), I will refer you to the ebates website and we then will each get $5, so ultimately, you can pick up this mixer for $175 - an absolute STEAL! icon_smile.gif Also, when you register at ebates you will get a $10 gift card when you make your first purchase.

Once you're at the Kitchenaid site, scroll down to the bottom to go to their outlet store, then go into the Factory Reconditioned area. The first item is a 6 qt Pro 6 for $239. Click on it and from there you can choose your colors. You'll enter the promo code on the next-to-the-last page during the checkout process.

Enjoy!
Sherri

Sparklepopz
I'm just now following up on this post. I was planning to purchase a new KA mixer this weekend at Bed Bath and Beyond with my 20% off coupon. I was going back and forth on weither or not I should purchase a refurb one. I was leary about the 6 month warranty compared to the 1yr for a new one. How long have you had your 6qt mixer and is it a refurb? I'll check out the site you recommended and send you an email with my info to get a better deal. Thanks! icon_lol.gif

sparklepopz Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 11:37pm
post #17 of 19

Michel, I purchased a 5 qt and 2 of the 6 qt KA's from the outlet section of the KitchenAid website, and have been perfectly happy with all three of them (they are all factory reconditioned). They were brand new and work spiffy. KitchenAid's customer service is legendary, so the 6 mo. vs 12 mo. warranty was a non-issue for me.

I also am very happy with ebates, which kicked back an additional $11 per mixer to me, making the overall cost for the 6 qt mixers a hair under $180. Phenomenal deal! icon_smile.gif

want2bcupcakequeen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
want2bcupcakequeen Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 4:36am
post #18 of 19

Is there a link on the Kitchen Aid site to their outlet? I haven't found the link on their website?

Thanks.

michel0730 Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 5:02am
post #19 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by want2bcupcakequeen

Is there a link on the Kitchen Aid site to their outlet? I haven't found the link on their website?

Thanks.

They changed their site. On the home page very bottom right click on "Shopping That's Simple". It'll take you to their store which on the bottom let you'll see "Outlet". There you'll find specials and products that are refurb. Good Luck.

Michel

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%