Any Cakers N Decorators From Louisiana?

Lounge By Someonesmommy Updated 2 Mar 2009 , 10:01pm by VannaD

Someonesmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Someonesmommy Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 5:36pm
post #1 of 13

I was just wondering who else was from Louisiana. I've seen a few people but not too many. I live near Lafayette (just west of Baton Rouge)

12 replies
dldbrou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dldbrou Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 12:33am
post #2 of 13

HI REDUGAS, I live in Scott. I only make cakes now for fun and not for sale. What town do you live in?

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 1:12am
post #3 of 13

we live in Brusly, LA. just on the west side of Batopn Rouge.

jsmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jsmith Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 3:10am
post #4 of 13

Hi, I live in Baton Rouge.

Someonesmommy Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 1:44pm
post #5 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by dldbrou

HI REDUGAS, I live in Scott. I only make cakes now for fun and not for sale. What town do you live in?

Well howdy neighbor! I live in Rayne. How long have you been decorating cakes for? I've been doing birthday cakes for almost 9 years now for my kids, but I just started using fondant and gumpaste.

I may have to hunt you down after the holidays and get you to show me some tricks! icon_razz.gif Im having such a hard time getting my fondant to nut buckle and pleat at the bottom.

VannaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VannaD Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 4:02pm
post #6 of 13

Im out in Denham Springs just outside of BAton rouge, its nice to meet some locals!

Luby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Luby Posted 20 Dec 2008 , 4:10pm
post #7 of 13

Hey There,

I'm in Lafayette - just right down the road from you!
I'm not a commercial baker - just for family and friends as a hobby. I love taking all the classes to learn how to do and make everything even if I don't use I just like to know how to do it.

korensmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korensmommy Posted 21 Dec 2008 , 12:33am
post #8 of 13

Hi from Lafayette!
Just moved here about 1 1/2 years ago.
Where are some good places to buy cake stuff??

Someonesmommy Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 6:13pm
post #9 of 13

Hobby Lobby and Micheals are really the only places around here that I know sell cake stuff. Im trying to find a cake shop/bakery or even a decorator that works at home that will let me go in 1 or 2 days a week in exchange for some free labor so that I can learn how to do some professional work. I NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET!!!!!!! I'm hoping that they could use some dishwashing, counter top wiping, and mopping help!

I think Im gonna go to the different bakeries after the holidays and ask. Im sure not gonna try and drive in that Lafayette holiday traffic! Sheesh! Thought I was gonna need a sedative after trying to do the Best Buy/Walmart/Mall shopping! And then since they blocked off the old Kmart parking lot I don't have a back way to get anywhere!

Hope you all have a Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!!

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 7:29am
post #10 of 13

Mandeville!

korensmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korensmommy Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 7:24pm
post #11 of 13

Hey Louisiana decorators!
I will be in Baton Rouge this weekend for my son's swim meet and wondering if there are any good cake supplies stores around. We will be staying in the Hyatt next to the mall.

VannaD Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 9:51pm
post #12 of 13

Are you staying near the mall on bluebonnet? Hobby Lobby has cakestuff, its off of Oneal Lane there is also one off of Corporate or College, in that area.. you could probably google it, im not sure b/c i just go to the one on ONeal. Party Time also has cake stuff the last I checked they were at the corner of Old Hammond Higway and Airline.. i think those are the roads. The were suppossed be moving im not sure if they have yet. If they did i believe their new address was going to be the corner of Bluebonnet and Airline. Michaels also has cake stuff, they are also on the corner of Old Hammond and Airline in the Burlington Coat Factory Shopping Center. GooD Luck!

VannaD Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 10:01pm
post #13 of 13

JSmith, you are in BR? Where at? YOu are so close.. i dont want to sound stalkerish, but we should get together one day. I saw on your website you werent taking orders, do you have a buisness? If you ever want/need help please let me know. I could be your intern, im new at this but Ill work for free so I can get more experience! Wow, that sounds desperate.... anyway PM me sometime!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%