I Hate Buttercream!!

Decorating By BlondiezBakery Updated 31 Dec 2008 , 2:13am by robin5568

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 8:24pm
post #61 of 64

the best thing I ever did was start buying my buttercream at Sam's Club in a 28 lb. bucket!!! It's more than 200% cheaper than it was for me to make it which = more profit for me in the end and it crusts beautifully, smooths really well and easily and my customers LOVE it......it's very sweet, but for those that like a less sweet icing, I offer Rich's bettercreme (whipped icing) as well!!

vteventrider Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vteventrider Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 8:29pm
post #62 of 64

I use Sugarshack's recipe and replace half the shortening with butter and this is the only BC of this type I like. Usually it is too sweet but the butter helps offset it and it still crusts nice. Like Jennifer7777 I also use the sausage method. It is the BEST for loading bags. I do this all the time but I don't freeze like this as I like to rebeat my frozen frosting. I have frozen my BC for up to three months since I don't make many cakes. It works well.

SeriousCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SeriousCakes Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 1:41am
post #63 of 64

For some reason I'm not getting notices about this topic! Anyway, Mickeebabe, you should be able to find heavy cream at your local grocery store next to the milk, it's also called heavy whipping cream sometimes.
This recipe doesn't need to be refrigerated, the sugar to fat ratio acts as a preservative keeping bacteria from growing. I leave all my cakes at room temp.
And yep, this definitely works with cuppys, if you look in my gallery all my cupcakes are made with this recipe icon_smile.gif
Cupcakeluv24 -you're welcome! I love it too, clean-up goes much more quickly! icon_biggrin.gif

robin5568 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robin5568 Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 2:13am
post #64 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by summernoelle

OMG, I hate it too! icon_lol.gif I hate hate hate hate it! icon_lol.gif I've watched Sugarshacks video 4 times, get all inspired, and can't get it to work. Gah! It gets all over me. All over the kitchen. All over everything I own. And it's hard to scrub up because it's so full of Crisco that it just smears.
Last time this happened, I literally threw the bowl of it outside until I could calm down to mess with cleaning it up. Feels so good to vent about this, but I seriously despise buttercream!!!!

Thank you, thank you, I love everything Sugarshack does and I have the video's....love them, however I have made that dang buttercream recipe so many times and it turns out smooth but it is so difficult to do and ends up such a mess that I nearly cry with frustration everytime. Please someone give us a tutorial with the same results but not the mess.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%