How Much Would You Pay For A Turlte Cheescake

Decorating By matwogirls Updated 16 Dec 2008 , 4:25pm by Aliwis000

matwogirls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matwogirls Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 5:39am
post #1 of 6

So wow my cost for a turtle cheescake is just over 30.00. for and 8" cake. So I feel like this is expensive. I don't make enough of them to try to buy anything in bulk. So I am wondering what people charge for cheesecakes. I have never sold one before. I have only made them for family and I never really paid attention to the costs as close as this. I know I should charge for my time, but I feel that this si so expensive just in cost alone. What are your thoughts?

Thanks,
Janice

5 replies
Sweetcakes23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetcakes23 Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 6:23am
post #2 of 6

Those are rich, and would probably get at least about 8 good servings, I would have no problem paying OR charging $5.00 per serving.
$40.00 would not be out of line where I live for a turtle cheesecake!

JaLa90016 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaLa90016 Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 6:32am
post #3 of 6

I agree, because the ingredients that goes into cheesecake is expensive. Some places here in L.A., such as the Patina Retaurants charge as much as $7.50 a serving.

$40.00 is a good price for an 8" turtle cheesecake and I would defintely buy it at that price.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 4:09pm
post #4 of 6

Cheese Cake Factory charges over $7.00 slice an I don't bat an eye when I want it. If it's good people will pay for it. The last one I made cost me over $30.00 and a lot of time. There's no way I would sell it for $40.00, that's like donating your time.

scrapperjade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrapperjade Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 4:17pm
post #5 of 6

I've paid $7.00 a slice at The Cheesecake Cafe in Edmonton, AB (similar to Cheesecake Factory in the US). It was a good 3 inches + high though. HUGE slices. Not sure if that helps any though icon_wink.gif.

Aliwis000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aliwis000 Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 4:25pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggy2

Cheese Cake Factory charges over $7.00 slice an I don't bat an eye when I want it. If it's good people will pay for it. The last one I made cost me over $30.00 and a lot of time. There's no way I would sell it for $40.00, that's like donating your time.

OMG I love the plain cheese cake with strawberries! I take a bite and just am overtaken with love! lol jk. I know its 7 a slice and i think if you want a whole one it is upwards of 50 dollars a cake. Just a thought! Good luck!!!

~Alicia

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%