Urgent Please Help!

Decorating By tootsie927 Updated 3 Jan 2009 , 4:59pm by agagnier

tootsie927 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootsie927 Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 12:35am
post #1 of 5

I just purchased the impression mold for making poinsettias and it is a veining kit. WHAT DO I DO WITH I?. I tried rolling fondant over it and pressing with the sponge but the edges are raggedy and I have 4 baskets to make. Please help me with instructions, I may have to order the poinsettia cutters they look easier or the patchwork cutter. I appreciate ay suggestions
Thanks so much!

4 replies
janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 1:08am
post #2 of 5

I really wish I could help answer your question - but I've never used and impression mat/mold.

I just thought that I would give you a bump and hopefully someone else will know for you!!

Good luck!!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 1:27am
post #3 of 5

Once you press fondant into the mold, then roll over it take the excess paste off and gently push the edges into the mold to make them fine. OR if there are still raggedy edges after all that, use a nail file to buff them off once the leaf is dry/hard.

PattyT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyT Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 1:29am
post #4 of 5

If you have a veiner, you cut out the shape first using the appropriate cutter - in this case the poinsettia leaf/petal - then press that cutout shape on to the veiner to add the dimension.

If you don't have a poinsettia cutter, you could do them freehand. They can be a bit larger or even smaller, you just need to press into the center of the veiner. A leaf cutter might work too.

I took a great gumpaste flower class at Restaurant School in Philly, and for tiger/star gazer lillies, she had us cut out the 6 petals then we pressed them on to the back of a big celery stalk to vein them. They looked great!

HTH - Pat

agagnier Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
agagnier Posted 3 Jan 2009 , 4:59pm
post #5 of 5

Go here http://www.globalsugarart.com/instruction_sheets/2008_05_31_AJP9AXTQ_Successful%20Molding2.htm

Alan shows a step by step using first impression molds.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%