Make Monday For Friday Delivery...cake Balls?

Decorating By BlondiezBakery Updated 17 Dec 2008 , 1:41am by SILVERCAT

BlondiezBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlondiezBakery Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 10:58pm
post #1 of 9

I have got some time tonight..and I am in the baking mood to make my cupcakepops/cake balls. I am taking them as a hostess gift to an xmas party friday night. If I make them tonight will they be ok for Friday?!?

8 replies
baycheeks1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baycheeks1 Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 11:08pm
post #2 of 9

If you make the balls ahead of time and then refrigerate/freeze them, then Thursday nite you can coat them in whatever it is you coat them in.

jlo6024 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlo6024 Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 11:12pm
post #3 of 9

I agree. Make them tonight ( as I am) and dip them Thursday, then they'll be dry and ready Friday. Or even Wed night. But don't freeze after you dip. I'm making mine tonight and dipping Wed for Thursday

BlondiezBakery Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 11:15pm
post #4 of 9

Ok...great! Thanks for the help. I didn't know to not freeze or refrigerate them after dipping....thanks for the save!

So, I can make them tonight and freeze them until Thursday? Also, I can dip them partially frozen, correct?

Wish me luck....icon_smile.gif I will finally get to form my own opinion on these funny lil' things. I have yet to make them or try them.

jlo6024 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlo6024 Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 1:50am
post #5 of 9

I make them ALOT!. I usually freeze mine for about 15-30 minutes just to get them a little more solid before I dip...so yes, you can freeze them tonight, but I would let them sit out for 15 minutes or so before you dip......so the chocolate won't seize. If you make them and dip them immediately sometimes they fall apart when dipping. HTH! Good luck! I make more money off these things than cakes and soooo much easier! Have to make 5 dozen for this Friday. icon_biggrin.gif

BlondiezBakery Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 2:24am
post #6 of 9

Argh...I just remembered that I have a family dinner I have to go to on Thursday night.

Can I make tonight and freeze...leave freezing tomorrow...and dip on Wednesday?

Will they be ok to be done and sit out from Wednesday night to Friday night???

baycheeks1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baycheeks1 Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 2:44am
post #7 of 9

If you just refrigerate, that should be good enough. I take mine straight from the fridge and dip them then...to me it's better because the chocolate or vanilla coats faster on the cold cake balls. If they sit out they will be ok.

sjbeatty8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sjbeatty8 Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 2:59am
post #8 of 9

I only freeze mine for 30-60 min and dip immediatly... I use chocolate melts and the cold helps them harden quick.... Then they are good to go..
I have had them in a sealed box for up to two weeks and they still taste great... talked with Sanitation prof and he said as long as they are fully covered and sealed tight then they are food safe.

SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 1:41am
post #9 of 9

I freeze mine for 24 hrs, than dip.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%