Looking For Website To Purchase Supplies

Decorating By SecretAgentCakeBaker Updated 15 Dec 2008 , 11:23pm by tarheelgirl

SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 5:10pm
post #1 of 10

I've been trying since yesterday to search here for what I am looking for, but not having any luck. I either get back nothing, or 107 pages worth of posts! I want to find a website that others have had good experiences with that I can purchase some supplies. I tried Global Sugar Arts seveal times, but their website keeps crashing my browser, so I can never make it to the main page, let alone browse/buy.

Items I am looking for are a fondant impression mat, squeeze bottles that I can use metal tips with, a mold or veiner tool to make fondant leaves, gel colors, and maybe some other fun stuff (ideas would be great!). For my birthday my sweet husband gave me a Wilton fondant impression mat, but he forgot to use a coupon at Michaels, so I returned it. Also, his mother is giving me money insists I use it for something for myself, and she is going to ask me what!

Thanks so much for the help!!

9 replies
stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 5:17pm
post #2 of 10

well the powers that be at CC usually block any posts promoting businesses beyond global sugar art but I have ordered numerous times from Jesters in FL for fondant, colors, lustre sprays, etc. The website is fondantsource . com. I added spaces in hopes that the post would not be replaced with globalsugarart. If you search yahoo, you'll find them. I've also order from country kitchen before too. They have alot of really nice stuff too. That being said, it's a shame you can't get on the GSA site, because they really do have just about everything you could possibly need.

SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 6:39pm
post #3 of 10

Thanks! I didn't realize about url blocking. I wasn't trying to cause any trouble.

jo_ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo_ann Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 10:43pm
post #4 of 10

Your not causing any trouble. As far as I know there is only one site that is blocked on here. I've seen other sites recommended on here quite frequently. I'm also sorry you haven't been able to access GSA, they have pretty much everything and outstanding customer service. I use Firefox as my browser and don't have any issues.

Jo-Ann

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 11:00pm
post #5 of 10

They only block s*g*rcr*ft.com because there has been strife between the two websites in the past. You might want to consider www.countrykitchensa.com if Global Sugar Art is causing your computer problems.

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 11:11pm
post #6 of 10

I got some amazing deals from Jesters in FL and b/c I live just north of there my stuff came OVERNIGHT! at no additional charge! there were a couple things that they were out of that I would have ordered. I have also ordered from Country Kitchen Sweet Art and they are great too.

I haven't tried global sugar art yet - jesters prices were better for what I was ordering.... not that it matters if you can't get on their site!

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 11:18pm
post #7 of 10

Into the Oven is another site.....Pfeil & Holing....Country Kitchen SweetArt. Price will vary so shop and compare but all good sites and have had good luck with their products.

Happy Baking.

Daisys_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daisys_Cakes Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 11:19pm
post #8 of 10

I also like Country Kitchen, the people are sooooooooo nice!

tarheelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheelgirl Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 11:21pm
post #9 of 10

I purchased 2 impression mats on Ebay that were brand new. They were directly from the company and the shipping was cheaper. I have used Global Sugar Art and you can find most anything you need on their site.

tarheelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheelgirl Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 11:23pm
post #10 of 10

Where is the best place to find a clay extruder??

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%