Yay! My First Cake On 'popular Photos-Today'

Decorating By SeriousCakes Updated 18 Dec 2008 , 5:42am by KathysCC

SeriousCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SeriousCakes Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 4:05pm
post #1 of 26

Oh my, I'm feeling faint!! icon_lol.gif Thank you guys! Oh that's exciting, now I really feel like I've arrived thumbs_up.gif

25 replies
jillmakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillmakescakes Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 4:23pm
post #2 of 26

Yeah for you!!!! I'm just waiting to see one of mine on the Most Recent sections.

Congrats! thumbs_up.gif

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 4:29pm
post #3 of 26

I wish youtube wasn't blocked where I work....but you are the nice lady with the videos set to classical music, right? Love it! I was playing some one day at home, and my hubby asked me turn up the volume so he could enjoy the music! And congrats on your popular pic!

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 4:31pm
post #4 of 26

lol serious cakes..You are already a popular girl!!!! We love ya!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

bellabiaggio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellabiaggio Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 4:33pm
post #5 of 26

Awesome! Congrats to you and all of the others icon_smile.gif Hey, does anyone know what constitutes a popular photo? How many times does it have to be viewed? Does it have to be a favorite?

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 4:41pm
post #6 of 26

Oooohhh how I know how you feel. I also made 'popular cakes of the day' last week. It sure give one a boose doesn't it?
You so deserve it. Look forward to see more of your work.

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 4:52pm
post #7 of 26

One of my cakes made it a while back and I was so excited - you would have thought I won a gold medal!! Ever since, I keep hoping it will happen again!!

Congrats to you and what a great cake!

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 4:52pm
post #8 of 26

If I'm not mistaken, it's how many times it's saved as a favorite?

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 5:22pm
post #9 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellabiaggio

Awesome! Congrats to you and all of the others icon_smile.gif Hey, does anyone know what constitutes a popular photo? How many times does it have to be viewed? Does it have to be a favorite?

I am starting to think is a matter of luck. If your photo hits a moment where theres a lot of people looking at photos then you will go to the popular photos, but if you posted at a time where there is not a lot of people looking then it will go unnoticed..Thats my take on it..
Edna

dmich Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dmich Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 5:33pm
post #10 of 26

That's awesome. Congratulations! I aspire to that, though I'm thinking that goal is at least a year out.

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 5:52pm
post #11 of 26
Quote:
Quote:

Awesome! Congrats to you and all of the others Hey, does anyone know what constitutes a popular photo? How many times does it have to be viewed? Does it have to be a favorite?

I think it's just the luck of the draw. Like Tonedna says... must depend on timing. I see so many in the uncommented section that are amazing... I think to myself, "How did that go unnoticed?!"

SeriousCakes Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 2:57am
post #12 of 26

Thanks guys! It definitely gives a boost to the day!! Ah yeah, I'm still euphoric about it icon_lol.gif
Jamie85364-yep, that's me on youtube! I have so much fun making those videos, picking the music is one of the best parts though, and I get hubby involved, we go through both of our collections trying to find one that fits icon_lol.gif

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 3:05am
post #13 of 26

Congratulations!! I just had my first on popular cakes today as well - the peppermint candy (red/white swirl) cake. Pretty exciting! Thanks to everyone who chose my cake as one of their faves. This just made my day!

Julie

bizatchgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizatchgirl Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 3:12am
post #14 of 26

I made it to the popular cakes once. For a tutorial. It was fun but kind of disappointing that it wasn't for a cake. The last belly cake I made was (IMO) my best cake ever and I thought it was pretty fantastic and it got hardly any attention.

I once said I should just do tutorials and fondant shapes /sculpting. That's what seems to get me noticed icon_biggrin.gif

Congrats to all if you who have beloved cakes!!

sweet_teeth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_teeth Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 1:23am
post #15 of 26

Oh my god I can now share in your excitement! Mine made it to the list today as well!! It is most likely only because it's an xmas cake.. and everyone wants holiday ideas.. but oh well.. I'm bouncing off the walls! I even 'print screened' it and put it on the fridge to show the family icon_smile.gif Hahahahah

Congrats to us all!! icon_smile.gif

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 1:32am
post #16 of 26

Congratulations! I know its very exciting. My Christmas cupcake wreath cake made it last week! That was my first time to! I had to post on my fav thread about it .. The very long cuppy thread ! Enjoy!!

bizatchgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizatchgirl Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 2:06am
post #17 of 26

alexandrabill, I can't believe you thought to print it!! I'm so jealous I didn't think of that. I kept CC on my computer screen all day at work the day mine hit the front page. I showed it off to everyone. At home I refreshed like every 10 seconds to see how many new people added it to their faves icon_biggrin.gif Would this be like our 15 miliseconds of fame?

KeltoKel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KeltoKel Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 2:20am
post #18 of 26

You are very talented. I can't believe this is your first popular cake on the front page. I love your youtube videos.

adunfag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adunfag Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 2:33am
post #19 of 26

Congratulations to all of you.

Serious_Cakes, I love your work and I love watching your videos on YouTube.

sweet_teeth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_teeth Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 2:35am
post #20 of 26

Haha yes it is... I will continue to do the happy dance all night. That cake was a nightmare to make ... (the first cake I baked.. my signature chocolate cake known as the Double Chocolate Layer Cake tasted disgusting... i think i left out something lol...) and I had to rebake WASC yellow cake at the last minute which kept me up till 2 am! My millisecond of fame totally made it all worth it... hehe.

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 2:56am
post #21 of 26

I thought I was the only one that was ridiculously excited when I made it on the popular cake of the day for my spongebob cake. I was telling everyone I knew about it and they all pretty much thought I was the biggest dork ever! icon_biggrin.gif

I think you get on there by the amount of views you have, not the favs.

jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 3:34am
post #22 of 26

i made it there once and it was great! congrats!

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 4:20am
post #23 of 26

I made it there once and you would have thought I was floating off the ground. Congrats. I love your work.

SeriousCakes Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 4:29am
post #24 of 26

Congrats to everyone who makes it! lol! Man, wish I had thought of printing it out! I could have added that to my scrapbook! It's cool that you guys understand the thrill too, makes me feel, um, not quite so crazy icon_lol.gif

liapsim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liapsim Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 4:38am
post #25 of 26

Congratulations!

KathysCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathysCC Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 5:42am
post #26 of 26

You get on the popular photos today based on the number of saves (favorites). I believe as little as 4 favorites will get you on the front page for that day.

Congratulations first-time-front-pagers! icon_biggrin.gif Doesn't it just make you giddy with excitement! Now I wonder what it feels like to make it to all time popular. I only hope I can make it there one day. icon_rolleyes.gificon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%