Toba's Glace Users

Baking By kcniese Updated 21 Dec 2008 , 2:17pm by Susie53

kcniese Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kcniese Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 4:01pm
post #1 of 8

I love using Toba's Glace but the last time I used it I noticed the colors bleeding onto each other even my royal icing was bleeding. I let my cookies dry for over 24 hours. What can I do to keep my colors from bleeding??? Also how long do you let the glace dry before adding details???

7 replies
GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 6:30pm
post #2 of 8

The only time I had a bleeding problem was when I piped green and red next to each other. It was also before I started adding the brite white to the icing. I read in a different post to keep from over-saturating the icing with food color, and that seemed to help.

shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 7:33pm
post #3 of 8

I get bleeding if I don't let one dry before applying the other, even if they are just piped next to each other, colors touching.

Linliv46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Linliv46 Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 7:49pm
post #4 of 8

I always let the glaze dry overnight before adding the final detail and then I let that dry several hours also! HTH

kcniese Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kcniese Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 12:38pm
post #5 of 8

Thankyou for your input I have cookies to do today!

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 3:58pm
post #6 of 8

I haven't used Toba's Glace, does it dry pretty hard?

shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 4:43pm
post #7 of 8

Susie, it does dry hard enough to bag and stack. I've had great reaction using it, tastes yummy! I've been turned onto Antonia74 RI and liking it, much better than the RI I used previously. Both are very good.

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 21 Dec 2008 , 2:17pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiney

Susie, it does dry hard enough to bag and stack. I've had great reaction using it, tastes yummy! I've been turned onto Antonia74 RI and liking it, much better than the RI I used previously. Both are very good.

Thanks for the info...I've made the Antonia74 RI recipe and my family loves it, but I still want to try Toba's Glace.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%