Decorating By MaxTRexmom Updated 15 Dec 2008 , 5:27pm by kakeladi

MaxTRexmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaxTRexmom Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 1:10pm
post #1 of 3

I want to make a cake similar to this for the Christmas party with my inlaws and I a wondering what kind of wire that is holding the star up...Where can I get it and is there any trick to using it or do you just stick it in?


2 replies
mellormom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mellormom Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 1:19pm
post #2 of 3

It looks like a very stiff wire. I'm sure the hardware stores will have it. If you bring it into them they will be able to point you in the right direction. If you get it at the hardware store you should wrap the part that will go into the cake so it won't touch the cake.
They may have this at the craft store too.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 5:27pm
post #3 of 3

Craft stores such as Michael's and Hobby Lobby have it in the floral craft departement. Get the lowest # gauge you can find....or do I have that wrong......the finer the wire the higher the #.....uuuuugggg I can't remember right now. However, when you see the different ones you will be able to tell which one is stiffericon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%