How Much Would You Have Charged For This Cake?

Decorating By Marina Updated 24 Dec 2008 , 6:40pm by msulli10

Marina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marina Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 5:49am
post #1 of 9

It's the Beauty and the Beast cake in my photos. It's a 13x9, torted with ganache and fondant covered and also Belle is a mini wonder mold. The lettering is royal icing done in old english font. I may have charged too much ($150) or too little, but boy, Belle was a royal pain to make. The first time I made her she looked like an alien with big eyes ...the second time, he looked like she was on drugs--her eyes looked really dialated...third time was a charm!

8 replies
Aliwis000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aliwis000 Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 10:38pm
post #2 of 9

Belle looks amazing! the dress looks just like the movie! Sorry I cant price it but here is a bump!

~Alicia

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 11:16pm
post #3 of 9

I think the price is just right!

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 11:32pm
post #4 of 9

See my Avatar? I got a $25 gift certificate for it! LOL DON'T ASK ME ABOUT PRICING! LOL Actually I did it as a gift.

Your cake is AWESOME! You are very talented. I'd say your price is fair.

Beth in KY

CakeLadyM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeLadyM Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 11:45pm
post #5 of 9

I must be crazy or something, but I can't see your pretty cake? By the way you describe it, I probably would have gone $100....but I'm in the Podunk Southeast. Go figure. icon_rolleyes.gif

MirnaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MirnaG Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 11:51pm
post #6 of 9

I think $150 is good. I have a habit of clamming up when asked for a price since i've just started.

RobzC8kz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RobzC8kz Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 11:07pm
post #7 of 9

I think $150 was right on the mark. You can tell that Belle wasn't an easy task!!

DragonFly2333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DragonFly2333 Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 6:24pm
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeLadyM

I must be crazy or something, but I can't see your pretty cake? By the way you describe it, I probably would have gone $100....but I'm in the Podunk Southeast. Go figure. icon_rolleyes.gif

I missed it the first time I looked too. But it's the first picture in her gallery. Based on the description I was looking for Belle sitting on a sheet cake. But the sheet cake is the book and Bella is off to the side. You can't really see Belle in the thumb nail pics, just a peek of her dress on the right hand side.

Belle's dress is beautiful!

No comment on the price...I only bake for fun. icon_biggrin.gif

msulli10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 6:40pm
post #9 of 9

The Price Is Right!! Great job.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%