I Made Decorated Chritmas Cookies...

Baking By shannonlovebug Updated 16 Dec 2008 , 12:26am by Mickeebabe

shannonlovebug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannonlovebug Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 9:08pm
post #1 of 10

...and they actually turned out decent, thanks to this site! This was not my first attempt, I tried them a few times many years ago and they were a disaster so I gave up trying. Then I found the NFSC recipe and a RI recipe that actually works, both here on CC (along with some photos for inspiration). It's amazing how crucial a good recipe is! My hand seems to be a lot steadier too now that I'm using squeeze bottles instead of bags. Anyways, just had to share my excitement.

oh, I made 12 dozen and it took me 4 full days icon_surprised.gif . Please tell me speed will come with practice!
LL

9 replies
msulli10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 9:13pm
post #2 of 10

Very nice.

Charmaine49 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmaine49 Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 9:22pm
post #3 of 10

Your cookies look great!
I also made some cookies for the first time recently and after stressing for quite some time about doing them, once I had made a few, I found it so easy going and fun to do.

zoomzone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoomzone Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 9:46pm
post #4 of 10

So Pretty- maybe i'll try this year also. thumbs_up.gif

SpoonfulofSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpoonfulofSugar Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 9:55pm
post #5 of 10

they are soooo cute....you did an excellent job

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 10:11pm
post #6 of 10

Your cookies turned out better than decent, they are beautiful! I've made a few cookies too, using the same recipes you used (first time for me decorating cookies with RI). The cookie and icing recipes are very, very good!

sayhellojana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sayhellojana Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 10:17pm
post #7 of 10

I love the swirls on Santas beard. Cute icon_smile.gif

dmich Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dmich Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 10:22pm
post #8 of 10

These are beautiful! I have yet to try the NFSC recipe on this site, but I think I'll do so this week.

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 6:41pm
post #9 of 10

Great cookies! Practice hasn't made much difference in the speed with which I get cookies decorated. The only sure-fire way to make it go faster is to do a lot of the same design and do everything in assembly line fashion. I don't do them for money, so I don't worry too much about the time factor. I do them because I love decorating cookies, and it allows me to relax and forget about my troubles for a few hours. Way cheaper than therapy!

Mickeebabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mickeebabe Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 12:26am
post #10 of 10

Where do you find the bottles for flooding your cookies with RI? I found some at Michaels but they were kind of big. I need some next week to decorate cookies for Christmas.

Thanks. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%