Website

Decorating By jnikki Updated 17 Dec 2008 , 4:29am by summernoelle

jnikki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jnikki Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 5:51pm
post #1 of 9

Hi All,

I just finished my website. Please take a look and give me some feedback on what you like and where changes need to be made.

Thanks.
icon_eek.gif

www.indulgingsweets.com

8 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 7:10pm
post #2 of 9

Photo Page: You have some out of focus pics on there. I'd remove those. It also took me awhile to figure out how to scan quickly thru the photos. I don't like slide shows presonally ..... they move too slow for me and I want to quickly scan the photos that I WANT to look at, not be forced to view every. single. photo. on the site.

Menu Page: Your pricing is confusing to me. You have "cakes" and "sheet cakes". What's the difference? How many people do the "cakes" serve? What's the difference between the $20 "cake" and the $40 sheet cake? (And are you REALLY selling an 18x24 sheet cake for less than 40 cents a serving??? icon_eek.gif )

Cupcakes: What's a "premium" cupcake?

Lolli Pops: You have individual sizes listed as "small, REGULAR, large and X-large" but you have Basket Pricing listed as "small, MEDIUM, large and X-large". It should be consistent.

There is no price next to the Basket X-Large.

There is a significant price difference between individual and basket. I probably understand why, but I think it needs to be explained to the customer what they are getting for their money, when they spend $8 on 5 lolli's in a basket, compared to $2.75 for 5 lolli's individually.

Home Page: I would change this:
In addition to traditional and specialty cakes, I also offer cupcakes, chocolate dipped strawberries, pies, cheesecakes, decorated sugar cookies and much much more
To This:
In addition to traditional and specialty cakes, you may also select from our assortment of cupcakes, chocolate dipped strawberries, pies, cheesecakes, decorated sugar cookies and much much more

And would change this:
Whatever occasion you may be celebrating, I will custom create a something to suit your needs, at reasonable rates.
To This:
Whatever occasion you may be celebrating, you can have a something custom created to suit your needs, at reasonable rates.
This takes out the "I" and makes it more about "you" (the customer).

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 7:43pm
post #3 of 9

I checked out your site and I agree with indy on all points plus I really think you should change all of your pricing. U'r selling all of your cakes for less than 50 per serving! I'm sure that this is not what your striving to do right?
What about your flavored cakes are they one size only for those prices or can they be other sizes for the same price? Your customers may assume this so put it in.
What's a premium cupcake? filling, flavor, decor, size?
If you can show your customers the size of your cookies because my small could be your medium and so on or give diameters.

hth

sugarwishes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarwishes Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 11:26pm
post #4 of 9

I agree with indydei 100%, I think you were even missing a price for the xlarge lolli's. The only other thing I do not like, is when you look at all of you picture they are SO SMALL!!!!! You can't even see them. I would definately try to make them bigger.

Good Luck!!!

jnikki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jnikki Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 3:55am
post #5 of 9

Thanks for the feedback guys....I guess i have a lot to change. icon_cry.gif

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 7:55pm
post #6 of 9

Sorry, don't want to beat you if you're feeling down, but you did ask for feedback...

Your photos are really not doing you any favours. You need more close-ups, and the content needs to look rich and full, so people really want to grab a cupcake and eat it. Yours are sparse and that doesn't look appealing. I would suggest looking through the gallery and finding a style of presentation that you aspire to and try to do something similar.

Good luck!

montanabaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
montanabaker Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 3:42am
post #7 of 9

I didn't see alot of cake photos icon_sad.gif I would do some more of those, even if you need to take some of decorated dummies. It seems like you have all sorts of pricing for cakes, but not alot of photos. I too agree that your photos could be larger.
Hopefully helped a little.

liapsim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liapsim Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 4:09am
post #8 of 9

I'm with Indydebi on everything!

I'm not a professional by any means, but if I were looking at your website as a customer...the pricing page is VERY confusing. Too much going on there in all the little boxes. And with your photo page...I would definitely take the cupies off that are out of focus. Also, put more than one cupie in a picture...make it look full!

Also, clean up your home page....too wordy...the things indydebi sound a lot smoother.

Good luck with it and keep your chin up! you will get there!

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 4:29am
post #9 of 9

The images behind your logo aren't loading,and neither is the bottom image. That makes it look like not a reliable site. And the border around the logo is jagged. You also need to change some of your photos-take out repeat ones, and ones that are too blurry. IMO, it doesn't look professional at all to have blurry photos on your site.
I would also consider changing the main photo on your main page to something that isn't crooked, and that is maybe in better light.
I can tell you are really wanting to start a business, but this does NOT mean under selling yourself! It starts slowly, with one or two awesome people taking chances on you, and if you do a good job then you will suddenly have more business than you can handle. Please charge enough to make a profit.
Hope you aren't too discouraged-this is all constructive to help you build an awesome business! Good luck!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%