Help Please With Red Fondant!!!! :(

Decorating By mxdiva Updated 13 Dec 2008 , 9:15am by mxdiva

mxdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mxdiva Posted 13 Dec 2008 , 6:44am
post #1 of 7

icon_cry.gif please how can you get real red fondant? it seems to be imposible for me..... icon_cry.gif

6 replies
TeeBeeWee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TeeBeeWee Posted 13 Dec 2008 , 6:55am
post #2 of 7

There should be a colorpaste that is real red, I did not have that and I put some yellow in it to take the 'pink' color of. I was quite happy with it.

I used it for the ladybug. (in my photo's)

Bunsen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bunsen Posted 13 Dec 2008 , 7:00am
post #3 of 7

Try a powder colour - you can add enough to get a deep colour without getting sticky fondant, I'm using Corella powder colour for my Christmas things this year and getting really vivid red thats not a nightmare to handle! The Corella colours are an Australian brand, not sure where you are but there should be an alternative if you can't get those - perhaps someone else can recommend one?

mxdiva Posted 13 Dec 2008 , 7:01am
post #4 of 7

thanks, how much yellow im i supossed to add?

LeanneW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeanneW Posted 13 Dec 2008 , 7:05am
post #5 of 7

I did a fire engine cake with red fondant, this is what I did. I use a recipe for white choc fondant, so I substituted red candy melts for the white chocolate, then added a bunch of red gel paste, it was still kind of pink so after I put it on the cake I brushed it with red piping gel. It worked awesome, it was super red and even shiny like a real fire truck. If you don't want it shiny then don't brush it with piping gel though.

dellboi2u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dellboi2u Posted 13 Dec 2008 , 7:07am
post #6 of 7

I use a lot of the red gel and knead in corn starch to off set the extra liquid. I ALWAYS make it the day before, because after it sets for a few hours the color really comes out. It takes a lot of red! I use 2 full containers of the gel for 1 batch of MM fondant... works everytime!

mxdiva Posted 13 Dec 2008 , 9:15am
post #7 of 7

thanks everybody for helping me on this

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%