Food Network Challenges "stevie" (Christmas Tree)

Business By littlecake Updated 11 Dec 2008 , 3:09am by kbak37

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 11 Dec 2008 , 1:04am
post #1 of 4

what the heck is wrong with her, is she crazy?

and wasn't she the same one who let her bridge fall, and thought it was funny?

3 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 11 Dec 2008 , 2:51am
post #2 of 4

I looked up her website since her stuff is always so non-cakey, and she's not really a cake decorator. She does art pieces that are kind of environmental art that uses food and non-permanent materials. I actually like her stuff a lot if you look at it like artwork, not cakes. I get the concepts of her challenge pieces now that I looked at her website and the pictures of other things she's done. It's a lot of installation artwork that's designed to disappear and not affect the environment it's placed in once it goes away. As a former art student I appreciate the idea and I like her work if I look at it like that.

I don't know how they got her involved with the cake challenges, it doesn't look like she's a baker at all. I think they use her as the "wild card" who they can rely on to do something off the wall. She makes good tv!

BrendaS104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrendaS104 Posted 11 Dec 2008 , 3:03am
post #3 of 4

i didn't think the Christmas Tree challenge was about cake. It was about edible ornaments. Yes Melissa was a cake artist.. but non of the others were.. one guy was a pastry chef, one was an environmental person, and the other guy was a florist.

:shrug:

kbak37 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kbak37 Posted 11 Dec 2008 , 3:09am
post #4 of 4

I think she was the same one..it is just starting here in Alaska, I am waiting to see what she does this time. Sunday is holiday cake night on Food Network...cant wait for that!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%