Tips For First Bridal Meeting/tasting

Business By SaraClassic Updated 12 Dec 2008 , 1:24am by SaraClassic

SaraClassic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SaraClassic Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 9:31pm
post #1 of 6

This is my fisr real "sit down" with a bride, I am so afraid I'll forget a good point or tip, or forget a pricing matrix or something that I may need to look at or fall back on. ( I am going to her because she is an hour 1/2 away, and close to my mom, so I am making it a day trip)
What do you say, pack, use in your consults that I may need?
Thank so much, you guys are the greatest!!! thumbs_up.gif

5 replies
lauritasolorzano Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lauritasolorzano Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 9:47pm
post #2 of 6

I will recommend you to have a pricing matrix, your portfolio or something that shows some of your work, cake sketches and samples. Another thing that is very important is your confidence, if you have doubts about your self, the bride will notice that right away. You can role play with a friend or family member. Good Luck

Laura

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 9:55pm
post #3 of 6

I always bring a pricing sheet/serving sizes sheet, extra paper to sketch on, my contract (2 of them, I fill them out simultaneously and we both sign both on the spot if they decide to order I keep one and they keep one), depending on how much room you have if you know what shape cake they want ,bring some cake dummies (it helps them to envision their cake right on the spot), samples of course! I also bring along paper plates, forks, napkins, and a place mat, business cards with my number and website address.

SaraClassic Posted 11 Dec 2008 , 7:53pm
post #4 of 6

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply ! Im sure I'll do fine I am just afraid of ruining that first impression I guess. I'll let you know Mon how it goes! icon_lol.gif

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 11 Dec 2008 , 8:00pm
post #5 of 6

Other than samples, take your pricing sheet, serving sizes guide for different shaped cakes, order form, pictures (I have mine loaded on my Ipod, works great!), biz cards &/or brochures, sketch pad if your order form doesn't have an area for that. Contract terms, and a smile icon_smile.gif! Um pretty much what the others have said...LOL! Good Luck!

SaraClassic Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 1:24am
post #6 of 6

Thanks, I pretty much think I got the basics then. I just wondered if there was a special "something " that I was over looking to take.
Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%