Number Cake. How Much Should I Charge?

Decorating By keshiakey Updated 24 Mar 2011 , 6:56pm by Dawanka

keshiakey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keshiakey Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 4:34am
post #1 of 7

I have an cake order for a Number 26 Cake. She wants it to be Purple with Butterflies. ow much should I charge for this cake. I'm not sure Please Help.

6 replies
bisbqueenb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bisbqueenb Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 3:11pm
post #2 of 7

Lots of variables here....how many servings are needed...how large of a cake do you need to 'start' with...you want to account for 'all' the cake not just what is left after carving it into the numbers! Consider all of the factors related to making the cake...cake boards...boxes....perhaps fondant or gum paste for the butterflies...then set your pricing based on 'all' of the variables.

torysgirl87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
torysgirl87 Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 3:17pm
post #3 of 7

I have a similar cake in my gallery, numbers 4 and 0, in purple. I charged $3.50 per serving for this cake. It served about 75. I used the template on this site for making numbers to reduce a lot of cutting and carving. I think you also have to factor in your market value for cakes.

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 3:24pm
post #4 of 7

I would think you would charge the same as you would for the size you have to bake. For example, if you have to bake two 11X15 to carve, then you should charge what you would for two 11X15 cakes. Then upcharge according to extras such as fondant, etc. Having never done number cakes, this is just an outsider's opinion.

keshiakey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keshiakey Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 8:53pm
post #5 of 7

Well how much would you charge for an 11x15 sheet cake. The cake has to serve 50 people. So please help me out wit this one.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 10:06pm
post #6 of 7

an 11x15 serves 35 BEFORE you cut it! However if you used an 11x15 for EACH number you MIGHT get the 50 servings you're after.........I charge a base price of 3.00/serv. for carved cakes......to give you a reference point, my tiered cakes start @ 2.00/serv. for buttercream

Dawanka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dawanka Posted 24 Mar 2011 , 6:56pm
post #7 of 7

torysgirl87 your 40 cake is amazing its so perfect you said you used the template in the misc folder but that's not the same how did you alter it if you don't mind me asking.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%