Cookie Exchange Presentation Idea??

Baking By danar217 Updated 10 Dec 2008 , 5:02am by AZCakeGirl

danar217 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
danar217 Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 10:46pm
post #1 of 6

I was invited to a cookie exchange and need some ideas. It's just a group of about 15-20 and all can be brought in one container/tray. THey will be divided at the party. We are going to be "judged" on presentation. I want something impressive. Any ideas? I haven't decided on what cookie to make, somethign that will go along with the presentation theme.
THe only thing I've come up with is a Tree shaped tray and doing cookies to look like ornaments. Any other ideas?

5 replies
Malakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Malakin Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 10:54pm
post #2 of 6

What's the presentation theme?

danar217 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
danar217 Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 1:01am
post #3 of 6

I don't have one yet. I can do present any kind of cookie any way I want. Just not feeling creative right now!

kimsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimsmom Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 1:06am
post #4 of 6

You could make holly shaped cookies and use these as "branches". Add to the tree shaped tray starting at the bottom and layer up to the top. You can make smaller cookies in the shape of ornaments or gifts and add these as well.

bakinccc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakinccc Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 2:23am
post #5 of 6

How about getting a large round cake board and making a cookie wreath. You could have holly cookies, ornaments, bows, etc, etc. You could basically stack the cookies in a wreath formation and carefully carry it to the party then disassemble it when it's time to divy out the cookies.

AZCakeGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCakeGirl Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 5:02am
post #6 of 6

How about cookie "tree"? You could make cookie pops (cookies on a stick), decorate them like leaves & then push the stick end into a cone shaped piece of styrofoam. When it is time to distribute the cookies, you can just pull them out. Or.....you could even wrap the styrofoam up with green tinsel or garland & decorate the cookies to look like ornaments stuck on the tree.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%