Miniture Books Out Of Fondant

Decorating By selbel2000 Updated 9 Dec 2008 , 2:22pm by selbel2000

selbel2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
selbel2000 Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 1:23pm
post #1 of 3

Hi all,

I've been asked to make a cake for a friend who's celebrating working in the same Library for 15 years. I'm making her a round cake that I'd like to decorate with miniture books made out of fondant. I think I can remember seeing a 'how to' in a book once but I've looked everywhere and I can't find it now!

Does anyone know of anything out there available online preferably? Or do you have any how-to suggestions?

Thanks!
Selena

2 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 1:39pm
post #2 of 3

One way would be to roll out a thick piece of fondant, about 1/3 of an inch thick and cut a 2" x 3" piece for the pages.

Then roll out a much thinner piece of fondant and cut a piece 4 1/2 inches by 3 1/8 inch for the cover. Moisten the top & bottom of the pages and apply the cover.

Just jimmy with it to get the cover to be a tid tad bigger than the pages after you cover them. So those measurements are approximate.

You can texture the edges of the pages before you put on the cover--you can color everything before or after. This makes a closed book. Stuff like that maybe. Vary the sizes. I recommend using edible ink markers for titles.

Booky thoughts for you.

selbel2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
selbel2000 Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 2:22pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks! That's helpful icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%