Help, Making Fondant

Decorating By bizatchgirl Updated 9 Dec 2008 , 4:32am by I-AM-NANA

bizatchgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizatchgirl Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 3:14am
post #1 of 4

Two concerns. First, if I try to use my countertop Sunbeam mixer on Michelle Foster's fondant recipe, am I going to break my mixer? I don't have dough hooks, so is it even possible to do it with my Sunbeam?
Is there a point where I should just expect to do it all by hand?

Second, if I can't use my Sunbeam, and I try MMF instead, which MMF recipe do I use? There seem to be quite a few.

3 replies
Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 4:00am
post #2 of 4

You can use your Sunbeam mixer for the very first mixing with the powdered sugar. It won't take long for it to bog down. After you get the batch started, then you will need to add the rest by hand. This is a lot of work. Maybe your husband can add some muscle.

I've never made MMF, so I can't help you there.

Michele

bizatchgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizatchgirl Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 4:05am
post #3 of 4

I just realized I spelled your name wrong, even though I wrote the recipe with only one L icon_redface.gif

Thanks for your advice. I think it's late, and I will start tomorrow when I'm more fresh.

Thank you icon_biggrin.gif

I-AM-NANA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
I-AM-NANA Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 4:32am
post #4 of 4

I have been making Michele's fondant for quite some time now and have never used my KA. It is all done by my two hands and a dash of love from the muscles. It isn't hard to make by hand really, just roll up your sleeves, scrub up your hands and start mixing and then kneading. It is so well worth the effort. Tomorrow I will be making two batches and am looking forward to doing so.
Just try it by hand and I think you will be pleasantly surprised at how easy it really is to do. Enjoy!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%