Viking Mixers

Decorating By 1nanette Updated 10 Dec 2008 , 4:03am by 1nanette

1nanette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1nanette Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 2:44am
post #1 of 5

Does anyone have a Viking Mixer? My aunt Linda just called me to ask about them and I havent a clue. I've only had KA. I think thats what Santa is bringing me for Christmas and he put her up to slipping the question into a conversation. Sneaky Santa. But anyhow, does anyone know how Viking and KA compare?

4 replies
fondantfrenzy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantfrenzy Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 2:55am
post #2 of 5

My kitchen aid died when I did my first batch of MMF, kinda like the gears got stripped or something. I bought a viking...let me tell you I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT...evertime i see a KA at Costco or Sams Club I stick my tongue out at it. Its like a KA on Steriods. The only thing I wish I did was get the bigger one. If you can pay her the difference and the one with the bigger mixing bowl that is the only regret i have. I should have spend the extra 200 dollors. You will sooo not be dissapointed and its well worth the investment! Plenty of watts to mix MMF with now problems and doesnt even heat up at all.

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 9:35am
post #3 of 5

Nanette since your from Detroit have them go to Mcnichols electric. They sell refurb ones for 300 I think. These are the seven qts. There is one on 13 mile, and one on Shaeffer, I think. Mine makes bread dough at least once a week. I still have plenty enough power left over. The only problem I ever had was when I put in 5# of high gluten bread flour in it. LOLOL I blew the inner fuse. They fixed it no issue, no cost. They still have a one year warrenty. Here is a link to them.
http://www.mcnicholselectric.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=4

Mike

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 3:58pm
post #4 of 5

I've had my Viking 7qt 1000 watt for a few years now and I absolutely LOVE it!

I make 11 pound batches of icing with ease. Double batches of cookie dough are a breeze.

The bowl has a nice narrow bottom so you can do smaller mixing jobs without everything spreading out.

The tilt head doesn't fit under my cabinet in the tilted position -- BUT -- the entire unit is on wheels! So it easily slides out and turns sideways. Of course, the wheels lock when you're not 'driving' it around. icon_smile.gif

1nanette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1nanette Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 4:03am
post #5 of 5

THANKS YOU ALL!!!!!! I will pass on the info. I cant wait for Christmas now. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%