Edible Image Help

Decorating By AsburyArt Updated 8 Dec 2008 , 12:37am by TheCornerBakery

AsburyArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AsburyArt Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 10:56pm
post #1 of 6

I'm thinking of getting a printer and doing some edible image work. I wonder if you all could send some links for FAQ's or a supplier for "ink" and paper.

Any advice or tips in general would be greatly appreciated.

5 replies
Linliv46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Linliv46 Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 11:15pm
post #2 of 6

You can go to Kopykake.com and find out all your answers! Very good customer service also if you want to call them! HTH

AsburyArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AsburyArt Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 12:10am
post #3 of 6

Thank you.

Are there other "papers" that can be used to print an edible image? Besides the "frosting sheets" Kopykake sells.

TheCornerBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCornerBakery Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 12:19am
post #4 of 6

Hi
Here is the link to an edible icing sheet site that is a zilllllllllllllllion times better than Kopykake.

Good Luck,
Michael Anthony

http://www.icingimages.com/index.htm

saberger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saberger Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 12:32am
post #5 of 6

michaelanthony- why are those icing sheets better than kopykake?

TheCornerBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCornerBakery Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 12:37am
post #6 of 6

Hi,
They are better than KopyKake sheets in that they are backed with a plastic film (speaking about the premium sheets on the site) and they come off very easy.

I always had problems in the past with other sheets like Luckys and KopyKake using dark inks or a saturated picture. They always tore even when I would freeze them or let them dry for a while.

These sheets I have mentioned are simply the best I have ever seen. They even taste have way decent and like I mentioned they peel off very very easy and they hold the colors like a photo.

Hope that helps

Michael

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%