Blueberry Filling On A Wedding Cake?

Decorating By allibopp5 Updated 8 Dec 2008 , 4:24am by indydebi

allibopp5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allibopp5 Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 8:51pm
post #1 of 6

I have a request for a blueberry filling on WASC for an upcoming wedding. Have any of you done a blueberry filling? I couldn't find one in the recipe section...
This cake will be baked here (Sacramento, Ca area) and driven 9 hrs south to San Diego when it will be assembled at the hotel...needless to say, it's going to be chaotic. I'm wondering if I should use the canned pie filling and make it easier on myself. Have any of you tried the canned filling? Any ideas or advice?? Thanks!

5 replies
bizatchgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizatchgirl Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 9:04pm
post #2 of 6

Can you buy blueberry jam? I'm trying to think if I've ever seen that. Jam would work. I've never tried pie filling. I would think it might be similar. On the other post from the main page right now about strawberry filling, one poster said they poke wholes in the bottom layer, smooth the jam over it, then smooth BC over top of the jam. I would think that would work with pie filling too.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 9:27pm
post #3 of 6

Either jam, preserves or pie filling will work just fine.
I don't think I'dcombine b'cream layer & fruit layer. The one time I did that the layers slipped aparticon_sad.gif
W/your transporting this so far I wouldn't chance it.
Just be sure to dowel well........I might even be tempted to use straws *&* SPS. Straws will help hold the layers together (because of the slippery filling) while the SPS will be for support of the upper tiers.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 2:46am
post #4 of 6

I've used blueberry preserves as a filling many times with great results.

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 4:14am
post #5 of 6

i would try a nice blueberry jam and add frozen or fresh blueberries to it. You might want to cook it a little to soften up the berries if you're using fresh. Sometimes I like to add a bit of chai spice and a squeeze of lemon to it also. I've tried the canned filling and didn't care for any of the brands I've tried.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 4:24am
post #6 of 6

You can order it from Country Kitchen in the sleeves ... shelf life is just short of forever.
http://countrykitchensa.com/catalog/SearchResults.aspx?description=filling&page=1

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%