Have We Run Dry On Commenting On Cakes?

Decorating By psurrette Updated 8 Dec 2008 , 12:57am by JanH

psurrette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psurrette Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 1:52pm
post #1 of 18

I know there are plently of people here who like to have comments on thier cakes that are posted and I understand that people are busy but if you take the tiem to look why not post something............?
I try to post soemthign on every cake I look at. I mean I have 54 views on a cake I did and not one comment? Whats up with that?

17 replies
Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 2:04pm
post #2 of 18

Hi Paula,
I think there is a problem right now with the comments not posting. I have posted comments on many pictures and it says the comment was posted, but when I look there is nothing there. I think it's just a temporary glitch!

Have a great day!
Jean

dabear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dabear Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 2:04pm
post #3 of 18

Something is wrong with that feature. I'VE MADE many COMMENTS ON CAKES AND THEY NEVER APPEAR. I LEAVE A COMMENT ANYWAY HOPING THEY WILL APPEAR ONE DAY! sorry it's all in caps i'm typing left handed and nursing baby in other! don't feel like retyping!

i had even tried to leave a comment on your pretty pink/white/black cake yesterday!

sugarwishes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarwishes Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 2:05pm
post #4 of 18

Because of all the maintenance, comments are disabled. There has been quite a few posts of people saying when they leave a comment it comes up "your comment has been added" but nothing is there. So it's not that no one is trying, its just not working!! Hopefully they will fix it soon!

Mattie1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mattie1 Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 2:06pm
post #5 of 18

It's a slight glitch in the system for right now. I have made several comments on several pictures, it says your comment has been added but when I look, there is nothing there. I'm sure Heath ansd Jackie are aware of the problem and are working on it as fast as they can

dmich Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dmich Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 2:06pm
post #6 of 18

I think there's a problem with the site at the moment. I have tried to comment on several cakes. The site responds as "Your comment has been added", but when I look down at the comments, nothing has actually been posted. I have seen others post that they have been having the same problem.

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 2:10pm
post #7 of 18

Same with me I have NOT been able to post a comment for at least a week now! It says comment added but nothing shows up! I have been told they are working on the problem though! I have even pm,d a few people to say I loved their cake, and that I wasent able to leave a comment!

KlyKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KlyKat Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 2:17pm
post #8 of 18

Yeap, same thing here too. But I'm sure it will be corrected soon and the comments will be posting like crazy...

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 2:17pm
post #9 of 18

I just went in to look at a cake I posted and there was a comment.

They must have gotten it fixed, yay!!

Jen icon_smile.gif

chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 2:20pm
post #10 of 18

A comment showed up on 1 of the cakes I left a comment for yesterday.

sugarwishes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarwishes Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 2:23pm
post #11 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferMI

Jen icon_smile.gif

I tried to comment on a pic just a few minutes ago and it did not work icon_cry.gif

psurrette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psurrette Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 3:05pm
post #12 of 18

OH Maybe thats why! Sorry my computer hasnt been running the past week.

Have a great holiday everyone!

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 3:20pm
post #13 of 18

Yeah..I think the are issue with the site on the comment part!..I miss my emails too!..I feel so bad for Jackie and Heat, having all this issues..Hope everything can get fix...I know I usually gets lots of comments on my cakes and the last one I got only 2. The same day I posted the cake the site went down. All we can do is keep trying..
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 3:21pm
post #14 of 18

Yes, they are having maintainence issues lately and they are working on it but that is one of the glitches, comments (or lack thereof) on pix. The other thing is that during the holiday season people tend to upload like crazy but not spend a lot of time on CC and in turn there are so many new pix posted and fewer people around to comment on them. That's what the gallery supporters are supposed to help remedy. Being a member myself I do what I can but when you're dealing with an audience of 100,000 it can be a bit overwhelming. icon_rolleyes.gif

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 3:23pm
post #15 of 18

psurrette, I love your guitar and amp cakes! you did an outstanding job on both of them.

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 3:29pm
post #16 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferMI

Jen icon_smile.gif

No is not...I try to leave a comment and it didnt work for me.. icon_sad.gif
Beautiful work as alway!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

DebBTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebBTX Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 3:50pm
post #17 of 18

When I realized the comment feature wasn't working properly, I started sending a PM to some of the decorators. We have so many talented people on CC. I appreciate them sharing their photos.

-Debbie B.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 12:57am
post #18 of 18

See Heath's post about the problem in this thread:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-611771-.html

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%