1/2 Sheet Cake With Transformers Icing Sheet

Decorating By Wesha Updated 7 Dec 2008 , 5:08am by sassycleo

Wesha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wesha Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 4:51am
post #1 of 5

Hi Guys,

I had a lady to call me on Friday and wanted a sheet cake to feed 50 people with a tranformers image (Bumblebee) on it. I quoted her $65.00. She said that she was waiting on another lady to get with her as well about pricing and she would get back with me if I were cheaper. Now, IYHO, don't you think $65.00 is worth a half sheet with a transfer image on it. In other areas, she would be paying alot more. I have attached a link with the image.

http://www.ssb2.net/members/watch/enlarge.php?aid=MOM4X&img=42967/mar19pix08.jpg&eid=77-79-77-46-52-46-88&enc=1

Toodles

Wesha

4 replies
mgdsue02 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdsue02 Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 5:03am
post #2 of 5

I think that is a fair price. I did a Transformer cake (it's in my gallery) that was a 1/4 sheet with an edible image and FBCT and I charged $50.

baycheeks1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baycheeks1 Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 5:05am
post #3 of 5

I saw your link to the picture, if you find a cartoon bumblebee it will be easier to make. I made a cake with a RI Bumblebee and it was from a cartoon pic I found. I haven'tposted it, but I will so you can see what it looks like

mgdsue02 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdsue02 Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 5:06am
post #4 of 5

Ooops! My 1/4 sheet cake was actually a 1/2 sheet cake. I still stand behind saying $65 is a fair price though.

sassycleo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sassycleo Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 5:08am
post #5 of 5

When it comes to licensed characters and charging you are taking an awfully high risk.

The companies that own the licenses will send people out to order cakes to catch people doing these cakes. Unless you are obtaining the transfer sheet from someone like Bakery Craft or DecoPac your taking a high risk with hefty fines.

Be careful!

I don't do them, the fines just aren't worth it for a $50 cake not when the fines are in the thousands.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%