Business Cards....

Business By cakedivamommy Updated 15 Dec 2008 , 2:21am by cakeandpartygirl

cakedivamommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedivamommy Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 3:15am
post #1 of 18

Hello all,

I hope that I am not crossing any lines by asking this....

I have been given the green light and can order business cards now! I am stuck on how they should look though. Does anyone mind posting their business card for some inspiration? I do not want it to be overloaded with information, general and straight to the point. What things besides business name and contact information do you all have on yours?

Thank you!

17 replies
jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 3:26am
post #2 of 18

here's mine. it has to be updated, but you get the idea.

good luck.
LL

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 4:27am
post #3 of 18

This is my old one ... the bride and groom on the back has been replaced with a map to my shop.

It should have good color ... when a bride dumps her bag of paper info from the bridal show, you want your card to stand out from all the others. Name, address, phone, website and email. (I actually saw a biz card belonging to a guy who created websites and he didn't have his email address on there! Bad irony!)

People should be able to tell what you do by looking at your card. I've recently started "cataloging" all the biz cards I've collected this year and about 10% of them are going in the trash, because I can't tell what the person does or why I would call them.

I strongly encourage front and back printing ... you're paying for both sides ... using the back enables you to give the client twice the info with half the clutter-look.
LL

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 4:34am
post #4 of 18

Here's the ones I have for teaching:

I don't have anything for the business end since I'm currently not selling from my home.

sassycleo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sassycleo Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 4:56am
post #5 of 18

Here is mine. Simple but eye catching. No doubts in what I do...lol

Only thing to keep in mind depending on who is printing your cards while I like the printing on the back idea most printers charge you extra for that. So that may be something to put on the back burner until you are bringing in more money to compensate for the additional cost. Just my opinion icon_smile.gif

I just realized that the picture I attached doesn't look the best quality. I'm not on my normal computer but you get the idea anyways icon_smile.gif
LL

ncdessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ncdessertdiva Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 5:21am
post #6 of 18

VistaPrint has some good business cards for the cake business. I'm using their desserts for my business "The Dessert Diva". Their prices are not too expensive and the quality is very good.
Leslie

sassycleo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sassycleo Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 5:26am
post #7 of 18

Oh I've been on the VistaPrint bandwagon for over a year. The picture of my post card I created on Vista Print. Their prices have gone up as well as their shipping prices as well.

You can design your own and upload it through their site and have them print it. I used one of their templates and added my own logo instead of their generic stock pics that I've seen many use. I personally don't want my card looking like someone else's in my area.

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 2:23pm
post #8 of 18

I definately recommend Visa Print. They are so reasonable and give fast and good service. I have two cards, one for bridal shows... (cheap ones - LOL) and then a good one. My good one has a couple pics of my work and is laminated.

Jen icon_wink.gif

indydebi Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 5:13pm
post #9 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassycleo

Only thing to keep in mind depending on who is printing your cards while I like the printing on the back idea most printers charge you extra for that.

Excellent point! I have a guy who does my cards in digital, color, both sides. They are cheaper than what I was paying for black and white, printed on both sides. I get 1000 cards from him at a WAY lower cost than what I was paying for 500 B&W's. So definitely shop around.

cakedivamommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedivamommy Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 6:25pm
post #10 of 18

THANK YOU all so very much for allowing me to see your cards. I have a few ideas running through my head now. Do you all suggest the card being white or something that will easily be spotted, like purple?

indydebi Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 4:47am
post #11 of 18

I would say NO WHITE CARDS! Even my 16 year old has an eye for this ... I'll collect a new card from someone and she'll call the white ones "throw away cards". I ask her why she calls them that and this little girl said to me ....... "Because I don't see anything on there that makes me want to keep it. It's a throw away card."

cakedout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedout Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 4:19pm
post #12 of 18

smart kid. thumbs_up.gif

JenWhitlock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenWhitlock Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 8:39pm
post #13 of 18

my cards are blue.
(I just love soft blue icon_rolleyes.gif )
I used VistaPrint, but I drew my own cake and uploaded a file.

(I don't really have a business, it's just to hand to friends)
LL

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 9:50pm
post #14 of 18

My issue with white cards is that they blend with everything they are near.

If they have a colored base they stand out be it in a stack of papers or in my business card books.

They also "pop" when I'm flipping pages "let's see the plumber has a bright water blue card." and I can flip through my book of cards and find it much faster than that white card with a plumbers wrench on it.

jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 9:54pm
post #15 of 18

i feel sheepish icon_redface.gif maybe it's really time to redesign...

sugarwishes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarwishes Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 1:42am
post #16 of 18

My brother is a graphic designer and designed this card for me. He did add my email address at the bottom of the card, just don't have the pic with it.
LL

dmich Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dmich Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 2:01am
post #17 of 18

Very cool cards, you guys! I love the ones with bold colors or funky designs.

cakeandpartygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeandpartygirl Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 2:21am
post #18 of 18

Wow! I think that it may be time for me to redesign mine as well. I never thougth it that way.Thanks alot icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%