I Am So Proud Of This One..thank-You..

Decorating By dabear Updated 7 Dec 2008 , 6:49am by Sweetcakes23

dabear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dabear Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 11:47pm
post #1 of 17

laurakelly2, cakesbyanh & helipops for your inspiration and help! I also want to thank Sugarshack for her stacking dvd. This was the first 3 tier cake I ever drove with assembled. Except for a few details like trees and stuff that could fall off. I LOVE her method and feel soo secure with transporting-well as secure as I can! LOL! I made this for a very special lady! I'm feeling very proud-for the first time ever after making a cake! Sorry for bragging! icon_lol.gif
I cannot attach the picture-sorry. So I'll post the link.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1291952az

16 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 11:51pm
post #2 of 17

You did a great job! It looks awesome!

jjkarm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjkarm Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 11:53pm
post #3 of 17

WOW!!! icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif You did a fantastic job. I love all the detail!

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 11:54pm
post #4 of 17

Its absolutely gorgeous!!! Congrats! You should be proud!

enoid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enoid Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 11:58pm
post #5 of 17

Marvelous

KlyKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KlyKat Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 12:19am
post #6 of 17

Great details...You deserve to be so proud!!!

cakedivamommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedivamommy Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 12:45am
post #7 of 17

WOW, it is GORGEOUS! I am sure the recipient loved it.

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 12:52am
post #8 of 17

Nice job! I saw something similiar on Wedding Central that Mike McCary did. But I think yours looks better than his did!

maggiev777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maggiev777 Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 12:56am
post #9 of 17

Beautifully done!!! I love all the detail. Nice job.

PS - I tried to post a comment to your cake and it said it posted, but it never displayed on the page... not sure what the problem is! Just giving you a heads up though - don't let your feelings be hurt for the lack of comments - I think there is just a bug in the system right now. Anyway you did an awesome job!

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 1:03am
post #10 of 17

That is really beautiful and so intricate. I love the pine trees and waterfall. How did you do the waterfall, How many hours did this take you to complete?

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 2:43am
post #11 of 17

I'm also impressed with the waterfall! I kept staring at the water, trying to figure out how to do that. I think I know how to do it now ... I'll just call you and order the cake from YOU! The delivery fee would be worth it! icon_lol.gif

An awesome, AWESOME cake!

Nelly413 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nelly413 Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 3:05am
post #12 of 17

It is gorgeous!!! love the details. Great job!!!!! thumbs_up.gif

dabear Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 6:33am
post #13 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiev777

PS - I tried to post a comment to your cake and it said it posted, but it never displayed on the page... not sure what the problem is! Just giving you a heads up though - don't let your feelings be hurt for the lack of comments - I think there is just a bug in the system right now. Anyway you did an awesome job!

Thank-you for the compliment.
I have made so many comments on some cakes, I embarrased myself because I was like "25 favs and no comments....blah...blah...blah.." then I realized something was wrong with CC! I HATE not being able to comment on the cakes I like!

dabear Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 6:37am
post #14 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCmomof3boys

That is really beautiful and so intricate. I love the pine trees and waterfall. How did you do the waterfall, How many hours did this take you to complete?

Thank-you!
I worked on all the little pieces over about a 10 day period. I didn't even try to calculate the hours it was too many! I was even doing it when the kids were awake and I usually only do cakes when they are in bed! The water fall was blue b/c and I added thinned white b/c on top and blended and fluffed and pulled till I liked the look.

dabear Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 6:40am
post #15 of 17

Thank-you all for the nice compiments. It means alot coming from the people on my FAVORITE website!

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 6:45am
post #16 of 17

Wow!!! You did an amazing job. I just love all the detail and the 10 commandments were a really nice touch. Great job! thumbs_up.gif

Sweetcakes23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetcakes23 Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 6:49am
post #17 of 17

Absolutely amazing....I could never tackle that amount of work!!! I am so really inspired to try a waterfall.... icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%