Is This Cake Good Or Bad?

Decorating By gr8cakemaker Updated 6 Dec 2008 , 3:49pm by butterfly831915

gr8cakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gr8cakemaker Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 2:36pm
post #1 of 15

so, this lady Im making a cake for is surprising her husband who is a big 49ers fan. I made this cake, which is due in a few hours, but to me it looks pretty dull/plain. Do you all have any suggestions of something I can add to it to spruce it up a bit...or alot icon_lol.gif I think I am going to make a scoreboard and put that on the cake with some dowels. ANY suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!
LL

14 replies
grammynan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grammynan Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 2:40pm
post #2 of 15

I think it's awesome!! My husband always reminds me that "sometimes less is more"!! I wouldn't change a thing!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 2:40pm
post #3 of 15

***********Step away from the cake!**********

Plain? Dull? Are you crazy? It's perfecticon_smile.gif It's creative. (Yes, I know other have made similar cakes.)

282513 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
282513 Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 2:40pm
post #4 of 15

I think it looks absolutely awesome!! I love it just as it is! I personaly would not do anything more to it. The scoreboard would be the only other thing I would add. If possible, maybe SF in the endzones. but you really don't need it. How did you do it? It looks awesome! My family would go nuts!

kendi25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kendi25 Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 2:41pm
post #5 of 15

What are you talking about? This cake is flawless. I love it!!

Kendi

ThreeDGirlie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThreeDGirlie Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 2:42pm
post #6 of 15

I think it's a great cake! If you do another one, you might want to put goal posts...

But really, it looks GREAT to me - and I am a HUGE football fan!

kendi25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kendi25 Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 2:51pm
post #7 of 15

Kakeladi is such a helpful person. She is always nice to everyone. I see a lot of her coments.

gr8cakemaker Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 2:54pm
post #8 of 15

WOW! thanks guys...I think Im just over critical of myself. I have been staring at it for so long now....I cant tell anymore! thanks for that extra boost to my confidence level...you guys are awesome!

Melody25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melody25 Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 3:10pm
post #9 of 15

OK I have to ask! I love the sprinkles you used for the "Fans". How did you get them to stick without making a huge mess?

gr8cakemaker Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 3:17pm
post #10 of 15

this cake was made using a 9x13 pan and is 4 layers. I carved out the middle and rounded out the sides to help it look more like a stadium. When I buttercreamed the inside sides of the cake, I quickly put the sprinkles on (they came in a little shaker container). I actually didnt have a problem getting them to stick. After that crusted I put in the green on the bottom so that it would cover any sprinkles that trickled to the bottom. I forgot which tip I used, I think it was the flat wide one that has ridges on one side and is smooth on the other. theres also another small sheet cake under the grass.

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 3:21pm
post #11 of 15

That amazing......you did a fantastic job. You can almost hear the "Fans" cheering! Great job.

JaLa90016 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaLa90016 Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 3:31pm
post #12 of 15

Your customer's husband is going to LOVE IT!!!! You did an awesome job....

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 3:32pm
post #13 of 15

I think you dont need anything else!....Is really good
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 3:48pm
post #14 of 15

Great job, I agree with everyone else, nothing needs to be added.

butterfly831915 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterfly831915 Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 3:49pm
post #15 of 15

I am with the others, less can be more. It looks great and I bet you have some materical for cake balls.... lol... Good job. He'll Love it...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%