Professional Cakedecorator Brush Sets ?

Decorating By Uniqueask Updated 9 Dec 2008 , 10:33pm by Malakin

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 11:58am
post #1 of 6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HI
Can anyone tell me where you buy your professional cake painting brushes I got some from wilton but I don't think that they work so great.

So I am trying to see where you guys buy your brushes, Because i have seen some real unique work on cakes on this site.
you can send me names or post a link (please)

thank you

5 replies
Curtsmin24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Curtsmin24 Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 12:36pm
post #2 of 6

use paint brushes from michaels. The soft grip brushes in the paint isle. I washed them before I used them and they don't leave hairs all over the cakes like some other brushes do. They come in several sizes and are worth it. I've heard of particular brushes to use but I really don't paint a lot ( just got into it) so i'm happy with them for now.

mellormom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mellormom Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 12:54pm
post #3 of 6

I bought paint brushes from Michaels and the paint from the handles flaked off. I must have bought the wrong ones. Do the soft grip ones have a brand name? I would love to try them so I don't get paint flakes in my cakes! icon_smile.gif
Jen...

Curtsmin24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Curtsmin24 Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 9:56am
post #4 of 6

Royal is the name on them. They come in singles in the paint section. A friend of mine says they are really good for painting too ( she's an artist) and she was asking about them as well. I really like them a lot.

edited to add: the handles are clear plastic but they have some kind of rubber and are super comfortable for those details that take some time.

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 10:24pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks for your help but I dont't have a Micheals in the little town I live in any more suggestions.

Malakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Malakin Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 10:33pm
post #6 of 6

Buy synthetic. The real camel hair, etc. falls off the brush too easily and is hard to pick off. I usually use soft white synthetic bristles with clear non painted handle. Not usually the cheap ones in the sets. I prefer to buy one good one that 5 bad at Michael's.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%