Help Cake Stuck In Bundt Pan

Decorating By Henna20 Updated 7 Dec 2008 , 3:08am by PinkZiab

Henna20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Henna20 Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 5:09pm
post #1 of 8

Help!! I made a cake in a bundt pan and it totally stuck. how can i get it out without ruining the whole thing?

7 replies
karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 6:09pm
post #2 of 8

I'm sorry....been there, done that.

You could try warming the bottom of the pan or putting it in a hot water bath for a few minutes....but I fear there's nothing for it. Looks like you have some material for cake balls..... icon_cry.gif

cookieman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookieman Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 6:18pm
post #3 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna20

Help!! I made a cake in a bundt pan and it totally stuck. how can i get it out without ruining the whole thing?

Did you try just letting it sit on a rack inverted and waiting for it to "fall" out? This has worked for me a couple of times with mixed success. I've had to put pieces back together and cover it with a lot of powdered sugar or glaze. And like the other other poster said -- there's always cake balls!

Karema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karema Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 6:42pm
post #4 of 8

Put it back in the oven for a few minutes then invert it on a cooling rack as soon as it comes out. GL

karema

diane706 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane706 Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 9:57pm
post #5 of 8

Same thing happened to me and I had sprayed it THOROUGHLY with Baker's Joy. Mine completely fell apart when I tried to get it out but Karema's idea sounds pretty good. I'd try that. My problem could have been that I bought a grocery store bundt pan that was probably cheap!! icon_redface.gif Live and learn! Good luck!

Narie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Narie Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 3:53pm
post #6 of 8

Try heating it slightly. A suggestion -in addition to greasing and flouring the pan, set a timer for 10 minutes as soon as you take the cake out of the oven. Flip it out of the pan as soon as the timer rings. Make it exactly 10 minutes and you shouldn't (?) have any problems. I have a been using a cheap copper colored bundt pan for over 30 years and I have never had a problem. My mother borrowed the pan once and her cake was a wreck- she didn't know about the ten minute rule and let it cool in the pan.

Henna20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Henna20 Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 1:37am
post #7 of 8

thank you all for your advice. it was an oreo cookie cake and was a totally disaster...oh well. lesson learned.
thanks!

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 3:08am
post #8 of 8

UGH this happened to me last year... I made the MOST delicious eggnog cake. I, of course, prepped the pan as always, but for whatever reason the top stuck and when I flipped it, only half of the cake came out! It was freakin' DELICIOUS though!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%